Best 2x12 Cabinet For The Buck??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 2x12 Cabinet For The Buck??????

I am looking for a cheap/relatively cheap 2x12 cabinet to comp;iment my 4x12, don`t nead 2 4x12`s. So, in your opinion what is the best bang for the buck 2x12 out there other than Avatar? Thanks-Jack.

I'd look at Carvin: $219 for the G212 (SX series), $269 for the G212C (MTS series), or $339 for the C212E (Legacy series).

Comment

Good suggestion and a very good buy on the used market as well. There was a company on Ebay that made sweet cabinets at pretty good prices, but can`t find them? I beleive they were empty, but that is cool also!! Jack.

Comment

The Avatar Open Back 2X12 and the Carvin Legacy 2X12 are the best in the under $400 price range. There are no others that I'm aware of that are gig and recording worthy without modding.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Forgot to mention I am looking for a Closed Back, but Avatar keeps being mentioned everywhere!! Jack.

Comment

Look in Pawn shops they always seem to have a couple around and they alway will deal with you.

Comment

what about those genz benz cabs? i see those priced pretty reasonably from time to time - i've always wanted to try them out.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Good points!! The thing about the Genz Benz is all of the bass, I already have a 4x12 with tons of bass, so I nead something with alittle more towards warm mids and highs, probably with G12T-75`s or Vintage 30`s or?????? Jack.

Comment

2x12s

Another idea I'd be interested in exploring is something with the new Celestion neodymium speakers. They represent the latest technology (which is always of interest to me), and they're supposed to be lightweight (very nice for a speaker cab, IMO).

I'm pretty sure you can get an Avatar loaded with them (though I think they're an expensive upgrade), or you could just buy a Vox AD212, which comes with Celestion "NeoDogs," which appear to be the same speakers, with a slightly different name, for $449 with free shipping, which makes it more competitive, price-wise.

Here's a link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...net?sku=482490

Comment

That Vox looks cool!! Only 1 problem, it runs at 4 04 16 Ohms Mono or 8 Ohms Stereo, I nead 8 Ohms Mono, that cab won`t work. I am running it with my other 8 Ohm mono cab and thus 2-8 Ohm mono cabs at 4 Ohms. I can`t beleive Vox didn`t give a choice of 8 Ohms mono? Jack.

Comment

I have an Avatar 2x12 closed back back with the hellatone V30's in it. It kicks major ass. I found it on Craigs list for $250.00 in new mint condition.
                      I would go that route, Avatar cabs are solid.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Hey man, what makes the Hellatones different from the regular V30`s? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Framus CS 2x12's without a single friggin' doubt.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

The Vox is 16 or 4 ohmsmone because they use 8 ohn speakers. Theres no way with 2 8 ohm speakers to be 8 ohms mono. They're deisgend to go with the Vox AD series amps andthose are the same way. Maybe a JCM1922 cab would work for ya. Or a Bag end. Im kinda lookin for oe myself. I have a blown speaker in my ROckman XP100 combo. So i may either reaplace it with a nother cab or justreplace the speakers with the new Eminance for the new yet to be released GK M250. I guess they both used Pyle drivers so eminance reproduced them
                            Gil

Comment

I'm running my RM100 through the Randall 2x12 MTS cab and no joke, I've got some tight ass kickin bass going. I won't even be upgrading to the 4x12 because this does the job so far. I think it runs somewhere around $450, but it's built like a freakin tank and sounds great through everything I had

Comment

Working...
                              X