No announcement yet.

Best 2x12 Cabinet For The Buck??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about Earcandy? The dudes from Aletheian use them. I think they run $500-$600.

One question for all you dudes that play Avatar cabs. How well would they hold up in lower tunings? I am not sure if they are built to handle lower tunings like an Earcandy cab would be but those Avatar cabs are priced very well..
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Good suggestions. I personally would never pay $500-600 for a guitar cabinet. I usually go for the Low to Midrange models. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson
        what about Earcandy? The dudes from Aletheian use them. I think they run $500-$600.
        Jack, grab a used Earcandy on TGP when one comes up. They usually go in the $300-$350 range. You won't regret it.

The Earcandy Buzzbomb blows away the Avatar closed back cab.

Comment

Good suggestion and will keep my eyes open for one of them. Jack.

Comment

if you want to biuld it yourself. check out portcitymusicsupply.com
            (they get their shit from mojotone but don't charge an arm and a leg for it)
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You know what man, I never thought about doing that. I may try that for a fun project!! Thanks-Jack.

Comment

The Hellatones are artificially aged for a more broken in sound.

Mike
                Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

OK Mike, I get it now. That is good for people that want that broken in sound right away!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by fritzreiser
                    Jack, grab a used Earcandy on TGP when one comes up. They usually go in the $300-$350 range. You won't regret it.

The Earcandy Buzzbomb blows away the Avatar closed back cab.
                    Depends on what it's loaded with... It think it sounds great with Classic Lead 80's or Mesa Black Shadow 90's. Otherwise to me an Avatar with a G12H30 and a VIN30 mix sounds better.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Anyone hear the new Celestion GT12-100`s? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology
                        Depends on what it's loaded with... It think it sounds great with Classic Lead 80's or Mesa Black Shadow 90's. Otherwise to me an Avatar with a G12H30 and a VIN30 mix sounds better.
                        I have that Avatar cab and it is really nice.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Used Genzbenz Gflex, and dial some of your bass out....... Tight and Clear.....
                          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I know... its not a 2 x 12... BUT,
                            I think the Mesa Boogie 3/4 back with 1 x 12" 90w Black Shadow is a great choice for a 2 x 12 cabinet. Its louder and throws more sound than many of the 2 x 12's I have heard. It also records GREAT.

Comment

I have been using the ADA 2x12 cabs since the late 80's. Look around on E-Bay and buy one used for $200ish

Rudy
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Rudy, does yours have the furry stuff on it? Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X