Multi FX for stage and home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi FX for stage and home

Hey all, im looking to get a big multi fx unit for the stage and home recording and have got 3 in mind.
    Vox Tonelab SE
    Line 6 XT Live
    Digitech GNX3000

Havent played any of them yet but i hear really good things about the Tonelab SE.

Could anyone give me some real reviews on them if you have them, up sides and down, and overall your impressions of them.
    Thanks!

For multi effects... go XT Live... for modelling tone go Tonelab SE.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

hmmmm......... i dont really use effects as it was, but im sure id find room for some delay, chrous etc, what i really want are tones from the amp models, so pushing towards the tonelab with the valve, but id like some more reviews on them all if you can help.

Comment

Boss GT-8.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm a DigiTech man myself. I use my GNX for both live and recording stuff.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
            Boss GT-8.
            +1. A friend on another board has a Diezel and runs the GT8 with it - I use mine with a JSX and it's just awesome.

pete

Comment

Can i ask why you would buy such a great amp (JSX) but then only use the clean channel to use with the GT-8?? Why wouldnt you use the other channels on the amp? Or do you just use the effects on the GT-8?

Comment

I think he uses the dirty channel too, and runs it through the loop...if Pete is doing something, it's got to sound right

Comment

Originally posted by Model 6 Matt
                  Can i ask why you would buy such a great amp (JSX) but then only use the clean channel to use with the GT-8??
                  Pete never said that was how he uses it. You're making assumptions.

The GT-8 has its own loop, so with 4 cables, you can run the distortion effects in front of your amp and your time-based effects in the amp's loop

Check out some of his other posts in this section to get an idea of just how Pete uses his gear. He's pretty thorough in his description of various amps & fx units, plus often posts clips too!
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Can i ask why you would buy such a great amp (JSX) but then only use the clean channel to use with the GT-8?? Why wouldnt you use the other channels on the amp? Or do you just use the effects on the GT-8?
                    The other guys explained it pretty well, but I'll recap: I use the GT8 for effects *and* sometimes as a modelling amp into the JSX. The GT8 has an effects loop, and you can wire it to an amp with an fx loop where the preamp of your guitar amp is used as an effect within the GT8.

In other words, I can put effects from the GT8 before or after the JSX preamp, and still run it into the JSX poweramp, which is more flexibility than *any* other processor on the market that I know of in the same price range.

This also means if you have a two channel amp, you can set those for say dirty tones, and make a preset on the GT8 that bypasses your tube amp's preamp and allows you to use the modelling for a clean tone. Or another overdrive, etc. It's pretty flexible and sounds good. Plus it has effects that other units in the price range lack like an intelligent harmonizer.

Comment

OK, cool, the GT-8 just looks so complicated, maybe a bit too much for a noobie like me.
                      I've also now seen the Zoom G9.2 and that looks really good for the money aswell.
                      Down here is Aus the prices are around the $800-1000 mark for the units, so i have to make the choice wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                        The other guys explained it pretty well, but I'll recap: I use the GT8 for effects *and* sometimes as a modelling amp into the JSX. The GT8 has an effects loop, and you can wire it to an amp with an fx loop where the preamp of your guitar amp is used as an effect within the GT8.

In other words, I can put effects from the GT8 before or after the JSX preamp, and still run it into the JSX poweramp, which is more flexibility than *any* other processor on the market that I know of in the same price range.

This also means if you have a two channel amp, you can set those for say dirty tones, and make a preset on the GT8 that bypasses your tube amp's preamp and allows you to use the modelling for a clean tone. Or another overdrive, etc. It's pretty flexible and sounds good. Plus it has effects that other units in the price range lack like an intelligent harmonizer.
                        Nice setup. Reminds me of how I used to use my solid state pre for cleans and my Peavey Rockmaster for dirt.
                        Question: Does the GT8 have a jack to remotely switch your amp, too? Thought I saw that, in a pic. If it does, man, that adds some nice flexibility!
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

OK, cool, the GT-8 just looks so complicated, maybe a bit too much for a noobie like me.
                          I've also now seen the Zoom G9.2 and that looks really good for the money aswell.
                          Down here is Aus the prices are around the $800-1000 mark for the units, so i have to make the choice wisely.
                          for that sort of money, you might want to consider the Korg Toneworks AX3000G too.

If money's tight, now that the AX3000G is out, you can pick up the AX1500G for about $250 new. Or hit the pawn shops and pick up a Zoom 505 for $90
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k
                            Nice setup. Reminds me of how I used to use my solid state pre for cleans and my Peavey Rockmaster for dirt.
                            Question: Does the GT8 have a jack to remotely switch your amp, too? Thought I saw that, in a pic. If it does, man, that adds some nice flexibility!
                            Yep. only one relay though.

Pete

Comment

So no real review for the XT Live?
                              I really want good guitar tones, as i was thinking of getting a new tube combo, but i thought for the money i can buy one of these and hav alot of different tones to play around with, but then also set up a tone i want to use live. So confused!

Comment

Working...
                              X