X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Model 6 Matt
    So no real review for the XT Live?
    Dissappointed?

Try the search function. Some folks here bought XTLs when they first came out, and posted their thoughts back then. Same with the Tonelab. I remember some members talking about their GNXs but can't recall if there were any lengthy reviews for those
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I really want good guitar tones, as i was thinking of getting a new tube combo, but i thought for the money i can buy one of these and hav alot of different tones to play around with, but then also set up a tone i want to use live. So confused!
      I owned an XTL for 2 years or so, sold it when I got the GT8.

pete

Comment

I really want good guitar tones, as i was thinking of getting a new tube combo, but i thought for the money i can buy one of these and hav alot of different tones to play around with, but then also set up a tone i want to use live. So confused!
        I've personally found multiple tones to be overrated. Unless you are in a cover band, doing an ecclectic mix of stuff, it hardly gets used. I've done the modeller route already, and went back to just clean and dirty.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I've got an M-audio Black Box and love it. 200 bones new and you can download the free firmware to expand the amp models and effects. A very cool unit.

Comment

The Boss GT-x are great on their own, but my experience has been that once you place these in the FX loop (4-cable or not) of a good tube head, the GT-x are complete tone suckers. I was running a GT-6 in the FX loop of my Marshall 30th Anny amp for a few years. I was happy with my tone - until I decided to experiment by unplugging the GT-6. Holy crap! I had forgotten what a 30th should really sound like! I've since sold the GT-6 and have switched to a G-Major for my FX processing.
            "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I will be running the FX in front of the amp, because i want the amp modelling to be the main feature. I dont have much experience with FX, the only thing ive tried is a bit of chrous and delay, about it.
              So tonewise i think ive read that the Tonelab SE will be a good choice, but the Xt live looks good by the video's ive seen. Damn, maybe a tube combo would be a better choice, less to worry about.

Comment

I will be running the FX in front of the amp, because i want the amp modelling to be the main feature. I dont have much experience with FX, the only thing ive tried is a bit of chrous and delay, about it.
                Then you don't want the effects in front of the amp. The effects will sound better in the loop and won't suck the natural amp tone away as if run right in front.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not if his main concern is amp modelling. If he's not particularly interested in time-based effects, the unit would be better in front of the amp.

Although if you want modelling & effects, that's where GT-8 would be perfect. You can run it in front & in the loop at the same time. (As you would know, Joe )
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

My FX loop sucks all the tone out of them amp anyway, its a bad amp for FX. I run a wah and a overdrive and booster pedal infront of the amp, thats it. Damn, i thought this would be an easy "go buy (insert one here)", i spode ill have to try them all.

Comment

My FX loop sucks all the tone out of them amp anyway, its a bad amp for FX. I run a wah and a overdrive and booster pedal infront of the amp, thats it. Damn, i thought this would be an easy "go buy (insert one here)", i spode ill have to try them all.
                      Sometimes it's not the fx loop, but the stuff you're running in it... besides, trying things before you buy is the best course anyways. People hear things differently, and what *I* like may not be what *you* like. Get off your ass and try some gear out!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                        Sometimes it's not the fx loop, but the stuff you're running in it... besides, trying things before you buy is the best course anyways. People hear things differently, and what *I* like may not be what *you* like. Get off your ass and try some gear out!

Pete
                        Hey Pete, what would you run for reverb or delay if you had an amp with no loop? Just curious.

Comment

The holy grail sounds ok in the front of an amp for 'verb, so does the Line6 Echo park. I messed with those in front of Zeeg's 18 watt head I built him. I also had good results awhile back with the little lanelei reverb pedal in front of an amp.

Pete

Comment

I have a GnX 4, and I love it, I have had an XT live, and my GNX owns it (my opinion). GNX 3000 has really good modeling, maybe better than the gnx 4, but with the 4 you get the multitrack recorder built into it which I find I use more than anything and alot deeper functionality. All in all, all of your pedal choices are good though, you gotta find what works for what you want to do, and the sound you like. Try them all, and compare not only sound but also value. Will you run a mic through it? use it live? what about output connections? midi? usb? take all these into consideration and get what you need.

The XT has a very robust online community and patches a plenty, as does the boss. The Digitech is the odd child here, but has more utility (the gnx4 does at least, which you might want to consider also, as the gnx3000 is technically the upgrade to the gnx2 and still not as powerful as the gnx4, but to be fair 3000 modeling is superb, you almost have to hear the models to believe it)

Anyway Rah Rah Digitech!

Comment

Working...
                            X