A/B Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/B Boxes

Hey guys I have my amp and my rack tuner, I was wondering if anyone knew any good A/B boxes that do switching, A going to my amp, and B going to my tuner, it would be a nice feature to have a both button. I know about the morley makes one but i've read its crap, I've been looking at the Radial Bigshot ABY box, (http://www.tonebone.com/re-bigshot-aby.htm) it looks nice, but I can't find any reviews, anyone got any ideas?

i've had a few other radial pedals - they've been excellent
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

So you just wanna be able to tune away from your rack, without walking to it etc...
      I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
        So you just wanna be able to tune away from your rack, without walking to it etc...
        pretty much, so i dont have to change the cable from my effect pedals to my rack

Comment

I've had no problem with my Morley box. I used to gig with it when we didn't have a bassist: guitar > Morley "B" output > Boss OC-3 > bass combo.
          sigpic

Comment

I had a Morley ABY box till very recently. I used it to switch between my amp (either Dual Rec, Uberchall, or Randall RM100) and a California Blonde acoustic amp for my piezo equipped Jackson. The problem was that the Morley was noisy. So I got rid of it and replaced it with a Radial Engineering Switchbone. In addition to acting as an AB box it also has a tuner out jack and a boost switch for solos. It also has a pickup sag switch which I haven't messed with too much but is supposed to help with additional pedals in the chain. Its pricey but I'm done with cheap pedals that either suck tone or are noisy. I've ended up selling off any of those on my pedal board and going with good stuff!
            Take a look at the Switchbone if you want top notch stuff and don't mind the extra $ in price.

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by donvandam
              pretty much, so i dont have to change the cable from my effect pedals to my rack
              Don't you run your rack through your effects loop??
              I love admins!

Comment

Behringer have really cheap A/B boxes that could be useful for just a tuner but I've read there is a small amount of bleed. Could be wprth trying though.

Comment

I have this one.
                  http://www.zzounds.com/item--WHRSELECTOR

Comment

Originally posted by finnman
                    +1 on the Whirlwind
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
                      Don't you run your rack through your effects loop??
                      nope cause all i got is the tuner in it

Comment

My friend has the Radial and he loves it...switches between a Hot Rod Deville and a Marshall TSL122, or leaves them both on. Its got a lot of cool features like a switchable boost/mute switch and some other stuff that is very nice. I've heard great things about the Lehle switch boxes too.

Comment

Working...
                        X