Amp Volume Inconsistent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amp Volume Inconsistent

At practice last night my amp volume kept tailing off and losing a lot of gain and every now and then would just burst back into life. I'm using an ADA MP-1 and Alesis Quadraverb GT running into the return loop on a 1990 100w twin channel/reverb JCM900 as a power amp. The power valves were changed in the Marshall about 4 months ago and I beleive the MP-1 valves were changed just before I got it (maybe 8 months ago, not sure). The MP-1 is standard apart from the batteryless mod. I didn't get a chance to go through everything last night as it was really late when I picked up on it.
    Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    Tony
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Can someone move this to Amps & Effects please?
    Thanks
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I had that problem with a Marshall and it ended up being a bad connection in the effects loop. I had it removed and the amp is loud as hell!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I had a problem too just recently and it was due to a bad cable. It would work find at rehearsal but when I played out, it would loose volume. I could only guess that the cable was marginal and the vibration from my system when playing live caused it to fail.
        joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
        X