Wireless systems ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guyver1
    Im using the AKG WMS400 guitar set (SR400 receiver and PT400 belt pack transmitter)
    faultless, excellent range/signal quality, and comes with rack mounting kit.

superb UHF wireless
    Hey Guyver,

I've seen two different WMS400 units for the guitar. There's one called the WMS400 Guitar Set and there's one called the WMS400 UHF Guitar/Bass Wireless System. Are they different?

Comment

I doubt their different, I would assume that both use the PT400 belt pack transmitter. I got the Guitar set and that came with the 19" rack mount kit. Unless those item descriptions are just different retailers selling hte same product but one retailer has added 'bass' to the item name (because you can use it with a bass guitar as well) to avoid stupid people coming into the store and him having to repeatidly answer "can you use this wireless with a bass guitar as well?" over and over again...

thats just a guess
      My music:
      www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I have nightmares of Spinal Tap and the Air Force base everytime I think about getting a wireless.

Seems to me that like everything else, you get what you pay for with a wireless.

As for guitar vs bass, I had a wireless for my bass but I got rid of it because it did such a terrible job of transmitting my bass signal. In the band I'm in now the PA equipment has a wireless in the effects rack that I could use. I tried it a couple of gigs and stopped using it because I didn't like how the wireless affected the tone. And this was a UHF Sure unit.

Comment

Working...
        X