Boss is buying an amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss is buying an amp!

Boss is getting interested in buying an amp for rock purposes. He's limiting himself to some thing portable and within $150. Any recommendations? Note he has been eyeing Rolands Microcube.
    I love admins!

I compared & bought the VOX DA5 over the Roland. It can run on battery power too. Has FX & amp models. Has 3 switchable watts up to 5. Has a mic in (for grandpa's use at the bingo hall). Was cheaper than the Cube. Sounds better.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
      I compared & bought the VOX DA5 over the Roland. It can run on battery power too. Has FX & amp models. Has 3 switchable watts up to 5. Has a mic in (for grandpa's use at the bingo hall). Was cheaper than the Cube. Sounds better.
      I'll have him look at it! Thanks!!
      I love admins!

Comment

I think they are a little more than $150, but it would be worth it to step up to the VOX AD15VT. I have the 30 watt version and it is a great little practice amp.

Comment

how much power is he needing? what will this amp be used for mainly and occationally?
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I’d get a Cube-30, terrific little amp for the money - small, light, versatile, well-made and excellent tone eg set on Brit Combo (AC30 simulation) or Blackface (clean Fender sim.). For comparison I normally use original 1st series 1965 Marshall 18w 2x12mini-bluesbreaker, here’s a pic. … but at a fraction of the price the Cube-30 compares pretty well as home practice amp.

Alternatively I’d try either Vox AD30VT or AD50 VT , or else Tech21 Trademark-10 (haven’t tried the T30, but some say the T10 is better). But as I say, Cube-30 would be my choice. 2cents, and YMMV of course.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
              how much power is he needing? what will this amp be used for mainly and occationally?
              Well power really isn't a biggie, cuz he's not playing with anybody! But he's a beginner, and wants to start slow! He's got his heart set on a DKMGT, so at least he's headed in the right direction as far guitars go!
              I love admins!

Comment

Well power really isn't a biggie, cuz he's not playing with anybody! But he's a beginner, and wants to start slow!

Do yourself a favour & get the Cube-30 (I’m repeating myself lol!…last time ).

Ian.

Comment

Killer pic.

Originally posted by Tiddles
                  I’d get a Cube-30, terrific little amp for the money - small, light, versatile, well-made and excellent tone eg set on Brit Combo (AC30 simulation) or Blackface (clean Fender sim.). For comparison I normally use original 1st series 1965 Marshall 18w 2x12mini-bluesbreaker, here’s a pic. … but at a fraction of the price the Cube-30 compares pretty well as home practice amp.

Alternatively I’d try either Vox AD30VT or AD50 VT , or else Tech21 Trademark-10 (haven’t tried the T30, but some say the T10 is better). But as I say, Cube-30 would be my choice. 2cents, and YMMV of course.

Ian.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Frosty and his Peters clips are always giving me G.A.S. I love that amp he likes pimpin'.

Comment

He's leaning towards the cube 15.
                      I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                      X