Who Makes Mesa Boogies Valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Makes Mesa Boogies Valves

Does anyone know who make the valves for Mesa?
    I have 2 Mesa 12ax7a valves in my ADA MP-1 that I think need replacing to resolve an intermittent gain loss problem and Mesa valves seem to be quite difficult to get hold of over here. I love the my sound when the gear is working ok so want to stick with the same.

Thanks
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Hey, I know it's kinda off-topic, but how's that MP-1 working out for you?
    I had JMP-1 at one point but I didn't seem to have the patience to tweak out any real good sounds.. Then I visitet adadepot.com the other day and listen o some soundsamples of the MP-1 and I thought it sounded absolutely incredible! So I'd really like to get a hold of one, but I'd like to ask you what you think of the MP-1 first, since you own one yourself?
    Hope you don't mind me asking?

Thanks in advance
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

I run mine into the return loop on my old JCM 900 and use a Quadraverb GT for delay on my lead parts and I love it to bits. I've had it for about 8/10 months now. It's the best sound I've ever had. The other guitarist in the band bought one on my recommendation and ran it through an old JCM 800 and he just couldn't get a sound he was happy with so it makes a huge difference with what you are running it through. Oh and mine has only had the batteryless mod done, there's lots of other mods that can be done to it that can give yopu more gain etc.

Comment

Mesa tubes are inexpensive, relabeled Chinese tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong

Any idea what company make them? Or something very similar?

Comment

they buy bulk from many different companies, test, somewhat match, and relabel them.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Do they say "russian 2" on them? Those are Sovtek/EH.

Go here --> http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/tuavasin.html

And here --> http://mesa.stores.yahoo.net/tuavasdu.html

Each tube description says where they're from.
              Last edited by sworn_enemy; 08-16-2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                Actually most of Mesa's tubes are russian. The STR4406L6 and the 12AX7A "chinese 1" are the only chinese tubes they sell. They're the same ones sold by Ruby and are their best tubes IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
                  they buy bulk from many different companies, test, somewhat match, and relabel them.
                  +1... they have some that look like relabeled Svets too.

Comment

You should look for some of the great tubes you have over there Mullard comes to mind ect. Just because what you have in are Mesa dosn't mean they still buy from the same manufacturer so look around.

Comment

Thanks for all the input guys, they do say Russian 2 on them. Mullards are really expensive but I wanted the same as are in it as I really like the sound. I've just ordered some EH ones that were areally good price.
                      Someone has just pointed out that the problem may be with solder joints though as the gain loss happens when everything has heated up.

Comment

If they're Russian 2s, they're Sovteks. Try the new TungSol reissues. You'll be glad you did.
                        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                        X