Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to locate the bias pot in Engl Thunder 50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to locate the bias pot in Engl Thunder 50?

Hello, guys!
    Time came to re-tube my amp. I pulled it apart and I couldn't locate the bias pot. The amp is fixed adjustable bias (if it can make sense).

Can anyone suggest anything? I would be very thankful!

I hate the way Engl puts their PCBs in upside down

I'd guess it's that guy on the left that you have circled there. (looks similar to where it was/what it looked like in my fireball)

But then I dunno what the pot (if that's what it is, hard to see in teh pic; is it another adjustable pot?) circled on the right is. Does the thunder have seperate bias pots for each tube (or pair of tubes)?

Comment

Thanks Yabba. I'll try to figure something out. Bob Pletka from Eurotubes told me its the one on the right closes to the power tubes, but how can it make sense if the one closest to the power tubes is on the left? Hmm Unless the pic came to him upside-down or something.

Comment

I think I have a pic of my old fireball's bias pot, I'll dig on this computer for it

Comment

ok, here are 2 shots, the first is from further out, second is closer up:

Comment

Cool, I did it! Thanks, Yabba! That's the one with arrow-shaped hole.
            I'm thinking about making a hole in the chassis so that you can adjust it without having to remove the whole thing

Comment

How are you liking that Thunder 50? I'm thinking of adding one to my live rig to blend with my Splawn.

Comment

Working...
              X