Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dbx 563X "The Silencer" - Anyone used this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dbx 563X "The Silencer" - Anyone used this?

One of the local Music Go Round stores has a dbx 563X half-space noise suppressor for $50, and although I've found a few very brief, positive reviews online, there seems to be almost no info on them. Here is a pick of two such units side by side:

I've had a half-space Rocktron Hush II for a few years, next to a half-space ART Tube EQ, and it's never been as effective as the Rocktron Guitar Silencer I use for recording. It pulls out a little bit of hiss, but not much. Just curious if anyone has used a 563X. They seem to have been a late `80s product, which is probably why not much info is available. But hell, some of you folks know about some pretty obscure gear, so I figured I'd ask!
    sigpic

The DBX 563X uses a filter that is sweepable from 1.3 khz-38 khz using the slider on the front. If you want complete silence you slide the slider all the way to the right. You can back it off so that it doesn't close completely. I have 2 of them that I used 15 years ago and they worked fine. I now use an ISP decimator rack unit that blows everything else away. I got it on ebay for $270.$100 for 2 563's is ok. That is all they are worth now. If youneed only 1 channel, get the isp decimator pedal for about $120

Comment

Prorack G Rules!!!!
      I love admins!

Comment

Working...
      X