Any Soldano players out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Soldano players out there?

I went through a LOT of gear and amps in my 18 yrs. of playing, but since getting a Soldano SLO100 last summer, I can finally say I'm done in my search for the perfect amp. My jaw is still on the floor from 13 months ago. Anyone else here play Soldano?

clips ?

Comment

and is the 3rd clip kind a close to a soldano tone or not even in the same ballpark ?

http://img3.harmony-central.com/Vide..._Lynch_Box.mp4

sorry to hijack your thread, but could you listen to the Mr Scary mp3 and tell me if it sounds somewhat good compared to an SLO

http://www.bandslink.com/randall.htm
      Last edited by FSU_Seminoles; 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Well, I dont use an actual Soldano, but I do use the X33R model on my vetta. Was so easy to tweak, because the default tone rocked right outta the box. Very smooth, tight, and grainy.
        www.myspace.com/madeaband
        www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

SLO's are GREAT

But I had a Korean 60 watt and HR100
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I do, but not the type most folks here would be interested in (SLO family). I'm not much of a metal player, more a rock/blues player.

I play an Astroverb.

But I share your opinion. After I heard this amp for the first time I knew it was THE amp for me. I don't play any of my others anymore. Hell, I don't even use any effects any more!
            Last edited by jeff300; 08-24-2006, 03:59 PM.

Comment

I have an SLO clone - I've played through the 'real thing' and it's pretty close. Closer than the HotRod50XL+ I had, for sure.

Pete

Comment

I have a L13 combo and an Avenger 100 head. Awesome sounding amps.
                Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

[QUOTE=jeff300]I'm not much of a metal player, more a rock/blues player.QUOTE] So do you use a Jackson for your blues??
                  I love admins!

Comment

SLO owner here. Same goes here. I went through tons of gear before I bought one of these...

Comment

Joe how do you like the Avenger, Pete said I'd really like it..is it heavy!!

like Uber territory..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

SLO owner also. Would love to hear a Avenger for comparison though.
                        We must!
                        We must!
                        We must increase the bust!
                        The bigger the better!
                        The tighter the sweater!
                        The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Bill, I have not played an Uber.
                          Having said that, the Avenger is awesome. Brutal saturated tones and OUTSTANDING note definition. A whole tonal amp, by that I mean its got bottom end that is not overpowering and it keeps up with the highs.

I also have a Powerball, and while I love the PB as it can do the whole spread of death to heavy metal, the high end gain regions of the PB do not have the note definiton of the Soldano. The Avenger has a refined and professional sounding high gain sound if there is such a thing.

The Avenger is so well balanced and loud it sounds expensive. Yes... like the other day I am talking to a recording death metal guitar player telling me that a Diezel VH4 sounds like a $4K amp. So if we are attaching dollars to quality of sound, the Avenger sounds like $4.5K amp.

I like the low gain input of the Soldano for classic rock tones. Both inputs are very responsive to the volume of the guitar so you can get some mellow tones out of it.

A cool amp all the way through and at $1,000 used a steal of an amp IMHO.
                          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Very happy Decatone player here. Dont know (though interested to know) how it compares to the SLO.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Steeler
                              Bill, I have not played an Uber.
                              Having said that, the Avenger is awesome. Brutal saturated tones and OUTSTANDING note definition. A whole tonal amp, by that I mean its got bottom end that is not overpowering and it keeps up with the highs.

I also have a Powerball, and while I love the PB as it can do the whole spread of death to heavy metal, the high end gain regions of the PB do not have the note definiton of the Soldano. The Avenger has a refined and professional sounding high gain sound if there is such a thing.

The Avenger is so well balanced and loud it sounds expensive. Yes... like the other day I am talking to a recording death metal guitar player telling me that a Diezel VH4 sounds like a $4K amp. So if we are attaching dollars to quality of sound, the Avenger sounds like $4.5K amp.

I like the low gain input of the Soldano for classic rock tones. Both inputs are very responsive to the volume of the guitar so you can get some mellow tones out of it.

A cool amp all the way through and at $1,000 used a steal of an amp IMHO.
                              GC picked up a few boutique amp dealers including Soldano.

I hope they have' em in stock..

I wanna play with the knobs..

Comment

Working...
                              X