solid state amp gone fuzzy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid state amp gone fuzzy!

Hey guys, my hughes and kettner edition blue 60-R amp USED to have a great distortion channel, but latly it has gone very fuzzy for some reason? the clean channel which can also be cranked to create some drive has also gone a little funny, just sounds different?
    What should i check for on a solid state amp that may be causing it?
    My newly finished model 6 has a demarzio evolution and that and the SD JB both sound a bit funny through it?
    Thanks for any help

can anyone help? im 99.99% sure it never was this fuzzy, ok its solid state, so its not that great, but what could be causing the fuzziness?? could it be a fuse or something?
    Do you need solid state amps serviced?

Comment

Could be the speaker, could be all kinds of things in a SS amp. It could be a failing transformer, a bad cap, dirty loop jacks etc...

Comment

so what your saying is sell it and get a tube amp

Comment

take it to a tech. If it's minor, you might get off cheap. If it's major, you can decide whether it's worth the expense to fix, or to just buy a new amp.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

i took it to a music shop today, he said it seemed fine, but a little muddy, but not "its broken muddy", more "your ears want somethign else" muddy, im looking into a nice little tube combo.
            Whats the minimum i would need, tube watts wise, to get over a drummer? 30?

Comment

depends on the drummer really & the kit being played.. myself & the drummers I play with 30 watts would not be enough by itself I'd have to mic it & use the pa with that small an amp.. I would never use below 50 watts myself.
              “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Go 100watts! You owe it to yourself!! You'll never go back either!!
                I love admins!

Comment

30- 50 watts are loud enough they are close to a 100 watt in loudness They just don't have the Headroom.

Comment

Thanks guys, ill do some research on what i want but i think im leaning towards a classic 30

Comment

Venue music at town hall should be able to give you a good price on a classic 30. Once you go to a tube amp, you wont go back. Good luck with it

Comment

Make sure you get a least 2x12 . One 12 dosn't push enough air that why most people think 30 watts isn't loud enough.

Comment

Working...
                        X