Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Uber is being gay..suggestions please!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim
    :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    ainthataboutabitch..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
      Get a Herbert for it and everything will be just peachy. SS Bill.. SS is the way of the future.
      I think your right..Time for a Vetta..

I think I would be tweakin' until blue with that thing..only if I wasn't such a 'tardboy..things would be so much easier..

or not!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Horns - you got any clips of your Uber and G-major before it starting shitting on you?

BTW.. you Cleveland guys, my company may send me there in Sept for a few days. I'd like to meet some board guys, drink some beers, and raid a jamnight at an unsuspecting bar.

Comment

C'mon guys, bust me grapes, I know you want to!!!

I gotta tube for ya to blow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
            Horns - you got any clips of your Uber and G-major before it starting shitting on you?

BTW.. you Cleveland guys, my company may send me there in Sept for a few days. I'd like to meet some board guys, drink some beers, and raid a jamnight at an unsuspecting bar.
            Yeah, I just have a gay tape recorded 4trk that was done in a hurry over a weekend..with crappy barrowed mics..just to show a local metal DJ.

I'll get the link..it's somewhere..No solos, no tracks for them, just rough song ideas, any solo I did do, we recorded WAY too low and we had to push them way into the red when we mixed it..just to hear them..it sound like sizzly ass..but you can get an "idea"

Folks liked the tunes..so.

Comment

Catz..here's the link..read it before ya listen..it's full of valid excuses..

I'm using my Uber and Marshall on this..as you listen ..the Uber is on the left ..the thicker tone.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42804
              Last edited by horns666; 08-24-2006, 10:26 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=horns666]I think your right..Time for a Vetta..

How dare you say something like that. I know you didn't really mean it. What kind of rack cables are you getting?
                "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Damn Bill just plug the guitar into the amp and the amp into a speaker. Screw that rack shit. Just run pure unadulterated Ubertone. If it is still gay refer to John's post.
                  We must!
                  We must!
                  We must increase the bust!
                  The bigger the better!
                  The tighter the sweater!
                  The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Soloist1
                    Damn Bill just plug the guitar into the amp and the amp into a speaker. Screw that rack shit. Just run pure unadulterated Ubertone. If it is still gay refer to John's post.
                    Thank you, yes I will..and John's gay!

But I love him, so I'm gay too..

I gotta do homeowrk with my boy..so Ubie has to waite..

Comment

Wowie how did I miss all those tracks? Good stuff. Kills. me likey... and by the way my vote is a tube too. move them around and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V
                        Wowie how did I miss all those tracks? Good stuff. Kills. me likey... and by the way my vote is a tube too. move them around and see what happens.
                        Thanks Dude , you never heard those..yeah, I
                        'd like to see what those would sound like in a studio, with some shred on them. That's my goal..maybe someday..

I messed with the Uber, switch channels, pulled the rack out of it it..yep, it's a tube..

time to buy a fresh set of preamp tubes for this thing..I had the amp for over four years and it was a couple months old when I got it. So it's going on 5 years old now..

John and I will play with it..

that's it then..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                          Catz..here's the link..read it before ya listen..it's full of valid excuses..

I'm using my Uber and Marshall on this..as you listen ..the Uber is on the left ..the thicker tone.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42804
                          The Uber is on the left? Cuz the track on the right is a lot more present & clear. I can hardly hear the guitar on the left.... how did you have your mids set?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                            The Uber is on the left? Cuz the track on the right is a lot more present & clear. I can hardly hear the guitar on the left.... how did you have your mids set?
                            That recording is a glorified boom box tape..it was just to show a local DJ what we did because he's a huge fan of my singer..he kept hounding us. A friend offered to tape it and passed out on xanax doing it..:ROTF:

The Uber is playing with the drums as a "scratch" track on all ..what you hear at the intro to "father felon" is the Uber at first, then the Marshall comes in..focus on the first guitar, that's the Uber..because of time the scratch track became the keeper..

The Marshall has a lot more upper mids in general so it cut thru more.

It's not a good example, but it's the only one I have.

The guitars sound fizzy. Mr. Xanax taped them pretty low and boosted them into sizzle territory when he mixed it..

"Scapegoat" came out the clearest I guess..

I was nice for him to offer, but it is what it is..

Comment

Mike, I'm not gettin' any Vetta..I'm sure they're very cool for some, but that thing gives me a headache just looking at it.

Comment

Bill,
                                It definitely sounds like a preamp tube to me...do you get the same symptoms on both channels? It could be power tubes but I doubt it.

If you need a good amp tech (the best that I have ever seen) and are up for a 4 hour road trip (or you could send it to him), go see Dave Sarge in State College, PA. He does all of my personal work, and did all of my store's work when I was in State College. The guy is great, knows his shit (he is the head of the Electrical Engineering Dept. at Penn State, consults many major amp and electronics manufacturers, and was one of the original builders at Mesa Boogie), and turns stuff around pretty quickly. He worked on my old Bogner Shiva so I know he's familiar with the brand.
                                PM me if you want a phone #.

Comment

Working...
                                X