Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADA MC-1 power adapter! HELP!

Hey guys,
    I need to know what kind of power adapters will work with an ADA MC-1 foot controller. It says on the back of it that it's 9V 500MA with the + on the outside of the barrel and the - on the inside of the barrel. So far I can't find anything that is 500MA . What is MA and how much does it matter? Can I go up or down in MA?

THanks

You can go up. As long as its a minimum of 500ma it will be fine. The unit only draws as much as it needs. If you use a lower rated one it might fart out on you. Radio shack should have one with multiple ends for all sorts of uses.

Comment

I think someone put a post up recently on www.adadepot.com forums about the answer to this.
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

I checked the adadepot out some but couldn't find anything. I'll go back and check again. Thanks guys!

Comment

You can use a generic adapter from Radio Shack with the different heads - just make sure your polarity matches and it can supply at least 500ma. Worked fine with the one I had.

Pete

Comment

Thanks! I've got one coming from Musicians Friend along with a new midi cable.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer
              Hey guys,
              I need to know what kind of power adapters will work with an ADA MC-1 foot controller. It says on the back of it that it's 9V 500MA with the + on the outside of the barrel and the - on the inside of the barrel. So far I can't find anything that is 500MA . What is MA and how much does it matter? Can I go up or down in MA?

THanks
              I ran into this situation about a year ago when I bought a used ADA MP-1 that just happen to come with the MC-1 midi foot controller but not with the power adaptor. I tried to buy the MP-1 without the MC-1 because I already own a Rockman midi pedal but they wouldn't separate them. Anyway, I found an adaptor at Walmart that worked perfectly. You could change the voltage and the MA's and it had a switchable polarity I belive and it came with multi connectors, one which fit the MC-1's pin. Walmart's your best and easiest bet!

Comment

Working...
              X