Does anybody know anything about the Metal Muff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody know anything about the Metal Muff

Does anybody know anything about the Metal Muff by Electro Harmonix?

I am thinking about getting it b/c my Metal Zone is not that great and destroys my guitar's tone.
    Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
    Roland Micro Cube

and you think a muff won't? Hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
      Gee, that was helpful.

Comment

I know it will, but hoping not as much as the Metal Zone.

What i am basically asking how the Metal Muff is compared to the Metal Zone
        Roland Micro Cube

Comment

A few people have been chatting it up on an effects forum I sometimes peek in. Others say that you'd be better off with the Rocktron Metal Planet (I think that's the name?).

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson
            Gee, that was helpful.
            And you added what to conversation?

Any distortion pedal is gonna change the character a lot. You'll have to keep trying one till you find one that works for YOUR rig and guitar. What sounds good on mine sounds like ass on someone elses.

Metalzone is pretty versatile... But yes pretty invasive tonally... and that is sort of a good thing really.

What is your rig?

What music do you like to emulate?

Comment

Ya.. knowing what you use as an amp and how you want it to sound would help.

Personally.. I think the metal zone is a very special app type of pedal and even then I still say it would need a Keely mod to make it anywhere into a regular effects lineup. I would look for a pedal that doesn't say 'metal' as the prefix... and start trying those. I like the older ProCo Rat, Boss SD-1 or DS-1 and their offshoots DS-2, SD-2.

Comment

..metal muff??

..Robot cooch??
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I agree with the Rat. It's pretty good about not altering the tone too much.

I don't know about the metal muff, but I had the regular big muff (?) and it was pretty good.

Comment

Anything with the name muff in it in regards to amplifiers will alter your sound bigtime. The only exception is the muff with the 2 legs on either side.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                      Anything with the name muff in it in regards to amplifiers will alter your sound bigtime. The only exception is the muff with the 2 legs on either side.
                      +1..

"muff"
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

And you added what to conversation?

Any distortion pedal is gonna change the character a lot. You'll have to keep trying one till you find one that works for YOUR rig and guitar. What sounds good on mine sounds like ass on someone elses.

Metalzone is pretty versatile... But yes pretty invasive tonally... and that is sort of a good thing really.

What is your rig?

What music do you like to emulate?
                        My rig is a 2005 LTD Axxion (all mahogany with a rosewood fretboard) with a JB/Jazz set and a Dimarzio x2n on its way. Amp wise I have a Roland Micro Cube (modeling of tube amps) .

The music I try to emulate is old-school thrash metal a la Megadeth, Testament,Slayer, Heathen, older Iced Earth. And classic metal such as Iron Maiden and Judas Preist. I do also play Death Metal like Death, Morbid Angel and Nile.

I like a lot of mids in my sound with a good amount of lows, and
                        a cutting and screaming lead top end.
                        Last edited by Elfastball7; 08-27-2006, 09:45 PM.
                        Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
                          Ya.. knowing what you use as an amp and how you want it to sound would help.

Personally.. I think the metal zone is a very special app type of pedal and even then I still say it would need a Keely mod to make it anywhere into a regular effects lineup. I would look for a pedal that doesn't say 'metal' as the prefix... and start trying those. I like the older ProCo Rat, Boss SD-1 or DS-1 and their offshoots DS-2, SD-2.
                          I am also thinking about Keeley modding it.

Just to note and not to be rude, my guitar and amp is in my sig
                          Roland Micro Cube

Comment

ace posted a review of the muffs in this section not too long ago. use the search.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                              ace posted a review of the muffs in this section not too long ago. use the search.
                              Ummm.... Yeah....

Comment

Working...
                              X