Vetta 2.5 review time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fritzreiser
    JG, have you tried other speakers in the closed back cab? Did the V30s sound the best to you?

I am going back to the Vetta and I will playing out of an Avatar 2x12. Right now it has Celestion CL-80s in it, but I will probably be swapping those out.
    Fritz.. the Cl-80's might work out great for you.
    You like to experiment with different rigs. Try this.
    Use 2 cabinets. Run the Vetta in stereo. Use a closed back and an open back. Put the high wattage clean in your face thumpers in the open back cab. Put something like Vin 30's in the closed back. When you run the Vetta.. run 2 amps at once. Experiment with the amp panning left to right. Not all 2 amp combos sound best when split 50/50 right and left. Sometimes its better to pan them to individual cabinets. Your ears will instantly tell you which is better.

Comment

Originally posted by danastas
      Thaks jg. I blasted it today and everything was much cleaner, great sound. It also gave me some insight into the other amp models I've been using.
      Did you use the settings I posted? If you did the following lights will be lit up when you are in the channel:
      Gate
      EQ
      Delay
      Reverb
      Double Tracker

And in response to the post that I use alot of effects... I was just jamming on my channel pretty loud at home. I can barely hear the delay and the reverb is totally subtle. When I stop playing they can be heard but not during. It sounds almost dry when I am playing.

Comment

That's a really cool idea with the volume pedal for lead boost. I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the cool tip!
        THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

CL80's aren't modelling speakers, but are closer than V30s imho. Fritz, you may want to try the 80s first.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            I even received phone calls from other musicians at the gig for a few days afterwards complimenting my guitar tone.
            They were still at the venue 2 days later? And they called you from there?
            Hee hee hee

(ring) "Hello?"
            "Hi John, it's Josh! remember, from the gig? We're still down here, trying to figure out your tone..."

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              They were still at the venue 2 days later? And they called you from there?
              Hee hee hee

(ring) "Hello?"
              "Hi John, it's Josh! remember, from the gig? We're still down here, trying to figure out your tone..."

Very funny.
              The conversation was more like this::
              "Yo, Johnny boy... what was that computer looking amp you were using at Tiernans last Friday?"
              "It was my Vetta. Its a software driven amp that I program with my computer".
              "Holy shit bud!! that thing sounded incredible. Did Bill Gates make it?"
              "Nah, I bought it from Wayniac".
              "What the fuck is a Wayniac?"
              "He's this nasty dude who sold me the amp in the parking lot of Planet Fitness."
              "Well, I'll tell you bro, that amp sounded so much better than all the other amps at the show. How do I get one??"
              "Sorry bro... but you have to have a Masters in Information Technologies in order to get one. I don't... that's why I had to score mine in the parking lot of Planet Fitness from a guy known as Wayniac."

The above story is based on some real facts. I shit you not.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                Very funny.
                Dat's me!

that computer looking amp
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X