Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a rack tuner

Hey there,
    I was building onto my rack...and ended up with less money in the end for the thing I needed the least out of everything, a rack tuner. I have 100 bucks, which I know isn't much...and I was looking at the Korg DTR-2000, which is about 150 dollars more than I have. I don't know much about the tuner world, so if anyone can recommend a quality rack tuner, regardless of price, I can at least gain some knowledge while aquiring more cash.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
    Nick

Get a second hand korg you mentioned, or wait and save; it will be worth it.
    Peavey Wolfgang
    Gibson Les Paul
    Zakk Wylde Buzzsaw Les Paul
    Line 6 Spider 2 12"

Comment

Behringer makes a rack tuner/ metronome that is about $59. Not sure how great it is.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ome?sku=210600

Seems like it got good reviews from Musician's Friend buyers.
      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I had a Korg DTR-1000 for awhile. Very cool tuner, can be found used cheap if you look around. They sell new for about $180.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Korg
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Kinda sounds like the older Korgs had a lot of noise problems from the reviews.

Comment

I have two KORG DTRs, a 1000 and a 2000. Excellent units. They are very stable and good at ignoring confusing overtones, easy to read, great options. I like them better even than any of high precision Peterson strobes I've had.

Comment

Korg DTR 1000. Great unit and you can probably find a used one for decent $.

Comment

Jeez, I've still got my Korg DT1-Pro, it's nearly an antique!
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

You should be able to get a Korg DTR-2 used for about $75.

Comment

a Fender RT-1000. I have one it and it's great.

Here's one for $100

http://www.guitartrader.com/itm.icl?...tm_medium=shop

just print that out and price match it at guitar center or sam ash, or order it from that website.

Comment

Here is my take on rack tuners...
                        #1. They should be on the floor. Why would you want to turn your back on the audience and have to walk over to your rig to tune??
                        #2. If you insist on a rack tuner, get a used one off of ebay. They sell for next to nothing. Local music stores that deal in used gear usually have them too. Don't spend too much. Its live after all. Its not like you are doing bench set ups with it. I used a cheapo Boss Tu-12 plastic tuner for almost 20 years. Heck.. the damn thing still works great. I prefer my tuner on the floor near my stomp boxes or mic.

Comment

I've been using a Rocktek SOAP-1 (Son of a Pitch...seriously) for years on my pedalboard. For my first attempt at a rack rig, I bought a Furman PL-Tuner, which is a power conditioner and tuner in one. For my latest rack monstrosity, I wanted something that could switch between two amps, so I bought a Sabine RT-7100. I finally tested everything out today, and it worked great.

They sell for around $250 new, but I got it for $150 used at a Music Go Round. Rack stuff isn't "cool" among most of the guitar-playing public, so you should be able to find a deal on rack gear in general.
                          sigpic

Comment

i use a berhinger rack tuner. it is cheap and it works. good enough for me for live use. i have done a few shows with it and it is still solid. i was unsure because berhinger does not have a good rep anymore. but for 59.00 who cares?
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Dtr-1000

Comment

Working...
                              X