daisy chaining speakers (ohms?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daisy chaining speakers (ohms?)

My Blue Voodoo BV60H has a main speaker out and extension speaker out jacks, and the amp's got a switch to select from 8 ohms or 16 ohms. I've got an 8-ohm 4x12 Crate cab and an 8-ohm Randall 2x12/1x15 cab. If using these cabs together from both outputs on the Blue Voodoo, that'll put the cabs at 4 ohms, right? This is running in parallel? So I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have them both running together.
    The Crate cab has two jacks on it, so if I just take the main out from the head and go into the cab, then I daisy chain off of the Crate cab into the Randall cab, will that still put the cabs at 4 ohms or will it now be at 16 ohms in series since it's not coming out directly from the other head output? I'm confused.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

i am pretty sure it is 4 ohms no matter how you slice it.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Thanks. That's what I kinda thought, but I wasn't positive. I thought someone here mentioned one time that daisy chaining would put the cabs in series and make it 16 ohms, but I just wanted to be a hundred percent sure.

Comment

sure no problem. better to ask than kill an amp!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to kill no stinkin' amps!

Comment

Those are wired as parallel Jacks so either way it is 4ohms. BV cabs are rated at 16ohms so thats why it doesnt go to 4ohms. But a marshall does. Go figure. Also most cabs jacks are wired in parallel also. So even chaining the cabs would be 4 ohms.
            Gil

Comment

Well, it's not actually a BV cab I'm running with the head. It's just a compact 4x12 Crate cab that's rated at 8 ohms. But it's good to know the jacks are parallel. Thanks.

Comment

yeah i figured it wasnt a BV cab. I was just sayin thats why there isnt a 4ohm connection on the BV heads.
                Gil.

Comment

Working...
                X