TC Electronics G-major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronics G-major

I need a multieffects unit to go along with my amp..
    Yesterday I saw an ad by a guy selling a TC Electronics G-major with a G-minor at a pretty affordable price.
    Wondering if this would be a good buy? Anyone here at the forum use it? Checked out the sounds at the website and it sounded pretty nice to me..
    I'm not used to MIDI, but hopefully this won't present to much of a problem?

Again, thanks in advance for any help/advice
    "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Yes..I use it with my Uber..

Nice unit..I mean processer..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I love my G major. I use it with a Soldano SLO100 head, and it's so cool cuz the g major will switch channels on your amp to match your presets. It basically turns the preamp of a two or more channel amp into a midi preamp. It's so awesome,,,one stomp and your effects and amp channel change instantaneously,,,no gaps in sound either. WOrks great in the loop, or as I use it, slave out into the gmajor and into a second power amp for the effects portion of my tone. 24 bit A/D and D/A,,,,,,just about every effect you could imagine except for a key specific harmonizer.
      However, if you buy it,,,I would sell that gminor switch and get a midi board with the switches laid out,,,,cuz the gminor, I think, requires you to search in order to go to different presets. I use an old ART X-15,,,,which also has two expression pedals which work with the Gmajor too,,,,and it makes preset changes easier to see as the pedals are laid out on the floor in banks of ten. Go the the TC site, and they will recommend which midi pedals work best with the gmajor.

Comment

Great machine! I use it with a Midimate foot controller I have it between my Sansamp PSA-1 preamp and VHT 2/90/2 poweramp.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Great unit. I use it with a variety of amps. It will channel switch 2 different things too!
          Easy to program and studio quality effects. It doesn't have the best stereo chorus I ever heard and it lacks a few fundamentals like a harmonize, an acoustic simulator and a wah but besides that.. its awesome.

Comment

I highly recommend it. I'm using it with a Mesa Rectifier.

Comment

I use mine with my TSL100, I'm using a midicontroller to channel switch and as a volumepedal.\joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I can also highly recommend it. The only weak point I see is the quality of parameter wheels. The are not very precise.
                I use it with a Rivera Knuckelhead and a Rivera footswitch.

Comment

Meh. I'll be the dissenting voice. In terms of features it is pretty good but the sound quality is not there IMO. I'd rather have one of the Rocktron or Roland units.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
                    Meh. I'll be the dissenting voice. In terms of features it is pretty good but the sound quality is not there IMO. I'd rather have one of the Rocktron or Roland units.
                    I wasn't real amazed with mine either. My stompboxes kicked the thing's ass tonally in my opinion... especially the flanger and chorus. Heck, my Line6 Echo Park had better delays.

Pete

Comment

I'm with Lynchfan. The midi channel switching, live tuner, and seemless patching are priceless factors for keeping the G Major in my rack. I only wish it had a wah effect.

Comment

My G Major is special..I rubbed my tool on it!!

anything I rub my pud on becomes magical..

I have a magic wand!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You get out of it what you put into it. TC Electronic is famous for their delays and reverb, and I personally had to mod the heck out of the presets to make them to my liking. But if you are willing to put in the time, there are some great sounds to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            My G Major is special..I rubbed my tool on it!!

anything I rub my pud on becomes magical..

I have a magic wand!!
                            So how drunk did you have to get Loomis to give you a handy?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchfan6
                              You get out of it what you put into it. TC Electronic is famous for their delays and reverb, and I personally had to mod the heck out of the presets to make them to my liking. But if you are willing to put in the time, there are some great sounds to be had.
                              We need to talk..

when I'm ready, I'll PM you...

I was kidding about my pud..kinda!!

Comment

Working...
                              X