Digitech Whammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Whammy

Is this pedal mainly for guitars that dont have a tremelo system, or can it be used to enhance the effect of your whammy bar?

Anyone here have one?

Tremolo or not, it doesn't really matter.
    To me it goes way beyond the bending range of a tremolo. We're talking octave up and octave down bends here.

Comment

you can get some cool pedal steel sounds too. there's a bunch of pitch shift settings where toe down will be up a 4th, and you can switch to a 3rd up with the heel down. or just make cool noises like suicide note pt 2. i still think one of the coolest whammy riffs is nothing is not by morbid angel.
      EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Nothing to do with tremolo's these things, the most fun I've had with an effect! When I started playing I wanted a wah, it was the quintessential effect. 14 years later I got a whammy and it deserves to be just as respected! I've played with all the effects, but the whammy is the most fun imo!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz
          Nothing to do with tremolo's these things, the most fun I've had with an effect! When I started playing I wanted a wah, it was the quintessential effect. 14 years later I got a whammy and it deserves to be just as respected! I've played with all the effects, but the whammy is the most fun imo!
          I agree!

Comment

To answer the original question, in some aspects you could use it to get some trem effects. The reissue of the original whammy has a "dive bomb" setting. Doesn't sound exactly like a real bar dive bombing, but close enough. Then of course, you can do scoops and other stuff with that setting. Combine the pedal with a trem equipped guitar and you can make some really obnoxious sounds. All in all, a great pedal, although I don't use mine too much anymore.
            EAOS: 28JUN09

Comment

Go and try one, it is one of the most fun things to try in the world. I sont have one thought as it kinda gets pld after a while and they are quite expensive.

Comment

I had the original Whammy, and I loved it. Better tracking than most, I feel. Wish I kept it, but got out of the game. Thought I was done. Apparently, you're NEVER done.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Its the ultimate crutch in my opinion. I think its a must have for the player who is afraid of a full floating floyd.

Comment

John.. you use a Vetta.. gadzillions of sounds and effects that can be considered 'crutches' It all depends on how it is used..and no.. I'm all for a full floating bridge... a dreaded Wilk in fact.

I have a couple and I rarely use them, but I'm that way with most my pedals.. I don't own a 'pedalboard'.
                    I have duct tape and a flat board and that is what I have used since the 80's. (suppose I'll take the plunge one of these days)
                    These are cool to have if you play a hardtail and want to do whammy effects.. the Xp100 and the whammy4, both are similar yet different. It has other abilities built into it as well: vol pedal, wah, you can some chorus type effects if I recall correct but mostly they are both pitch shift and harmonizer pedals with a treadle.
                    They tend to be tone suckers inline.. a true bypass loop or a rewire to true bypass would be beneficial.
                    Last edited by charvelguy; 09-10-2006, 11:47 AM.

Comment

WHAMMMY!!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        Its the ultimate crutch in my opinion. I think its a must have for the player who is afraid of a full floating floyd.
                        For Tom Morello, yeah, it's a crutch (and so's his friggin toggle switch! Don't know what he'd do without either. Probably serve up fries!), but for the rest of us, that I'VE seen, at least, it's just another tool of expression.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k
                          I had the original Whammy, and I loved it. Better tracking than most, I feel. Wish I kept it, but got out of the game. Thought I was done. Apparently, you're NEVER done.
                          everytime you try to get out oit just pulls you back in, eh? WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP!?!?

Comment

I'm guessing when I'm six feet under!
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Cool thanks for the replys,
                              I bought one from guitar centre and have been messing around with it, so I have a month to return it, its just I dont see much difference in this and the sounds I can get from the tremelo from my guitar (KE3).
                              Also its expensive and I basically just mess around in my apartment so I dont know if I'll keep it, thinking about bringing it back and getting something else..

Comment

Working...
                              X