No announcement yet.

Digitech Whammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are definitely more for a hartail player that wants to have trem effects IMO. The Xp 100 is alot cheaper and does almost the same thing.. used here is about 75.00 but again.. tone sucker w/o a true bypass.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
      WHAMMMY!!!
      :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy
        John.. you use a Vetta.. gadzillions of sounds and effects that can be considered 'crutches' It all depends on how it is used..and no.. I'm all for a full floating bridge... a dreaded Wilk in fact.

I have a couple and I rarely use them, but I'm that way with most my pedals.. I don't own a 'pedalboard'.
        I have duct tape and a flat board and that is what I have used since the 80's. (suppose I'll take the plunge one of these days)
        These are cool to have if you play a hardtail and want to do whammy effects.. the Xp100 and the whammy4, both are similar yet different. It has other abilities built into it as well: vol pedal, wah, you can some chorus type effects if I recall correct but mostly they are both pitch shift and harmonizer pedals with a treadle.
        They tend to be tone suckers inline.. a true bypass loop or a rewire to true bypass would be beneficial.
        Its just my opinion. I think they are fake sounding. I can tell a whammy pedal from a real dive bomb or pull up in a second. I also think they are total tone suckers. There are some players who do a fine job using a whammy pedal. Most of the players that use them don't have a clue and use them incorrectly. I'm just not a fan. Its a cool effect and a cool idea and I know that some of them are worth a fortune and great investments but I still think they make most players sound like canned ass.
        The Vetta can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as a Whammy Flammy Jammy pedal. Take that you!!!!!!

Comment

The Xp 100 is alot cheaper and does almost the same thing.. used here is about 75.00 but again.. tone sucker w/o a true bypass.
          Yep, that's why I really don't use my XP100 anymore. It sucks tone big time! In an effects loop, certain things sound a little better, but most of the patches work better in front of the amp. The tuner, volume pedal and detuner patches work pretty well, I liked the wah and auto wah sounds, but the harmony patches sound too digital. And the unit seems to put out a good amount of hiss that the built-in noise gate doesn't really seem to get rid of either.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"The Vetta can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as a Whammy Flammy Jammy pedal. Take that you!!!!!!"

..but you just did.. exclusive rights to the not so lonely Vetta owners only club. You can have your opinion and your Vetta too...I'm not trying to take away from that. Most any pedal can be seen as a 'crutch', guys can even say a natural amp sound is a crutch too. There used to be a mentality of "playing thru a Marshall makes it too easy.. try playing a Fender"

I used to have a rather fond liking to the midrange in my CE2 and my echo units till I realized.. ya know..I probably lean on them too much and could start wringing more from myself without running effects other than just a graphic eq.

Comment

Originally posted by the_wall
              Cool thanks for the replys,
              I bought one from guitar centre and have been messing around with it, so I have a month to return it, its just I dont see much difference in this and the sounds I can get from the tremelo from my guitar (KE3).
              Also its expensive and I basically just mess around in my apartment so I dont know if I'll keep it, thinking about bringing it back and getting something else..

Unless your guitar can reverse bend over 2 octaves, I doubt it can compete with the Whammy pedal. Last time I checked, Steve Via had one mounted on his live pedalboard, too.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

"The Vetta can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as a Whammy Flammy Jammy pedal. Take that you!!!!!!"

..but you just did.. exclusive rights to the not so lonely Vetta owners only club. You can have your opinion and your Vetta too...I'm not trying to take away from that. Most any pedal can be seen as a 'crutch', guys can even say a natural amp sound is a crutch too. There used to be a mentality of "playing thru a Marshall makes it too easy.. try playing a Fender"

I used to have a rather fond liking to the midrange in my CE2 and my echo units till I realized.. ya know..I probably lean on them too much and could start wringing more from myself without running effects other than just a graphic eq.
                I can play dry. I just don't like the way it sounds.

Comment

If you use it thinking it'll give your hardtail trem capabilities your missing the point imo. I wouldnt use it for trem stuff as I have trem guitars too, and its even MORE fun with the trem! Dime made these things his own, and between him, satch, vai, smyth, theres an unbelievable amount of uses for them!

It's all about gettin creative!

Comment

I don't doubt either of those last two comments...really effects are like amps or guitars..personal preferences and tweaking.. you gotta get creative there too.

Comment

Working...
                    X