Any Rivera users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Rivera users here?

Any fans of Rivera amps? I was curious as to opinions on the Knucklehead and Bonehead amps...
    Thanks

There's been several threads on Rivera's on the past.
    In short, great built quality and un-paralleled customer support.

Knuckleheads- two channels, great cleans and Marshallish gain
    Knucklehead Reverb- three channels, great cleans and higher gain resources, reverb
    Knucklehead II- Brutal distortion
    K-Tre- even more brutal distortion, aimed at the detuned crowd

All Rivera's are loud as hell and built like a tank.

The Bonehead series was aimed at the player who wanted a serious three channel amp along a complement of rack mounted effects. No longer made, I believe.

I love the K-Reverb I have because I run a LosLobottom Sub1 with it and I can control the sub output from the K-Reverb front panel. NO other can compare in the low end bottom thud department. It IS thunderous.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

So - you DO like the LosLobottom? I was wondering about those.. I am pretty happy with the sound I get out of my rigs (either G Flex 2 x12's or ENGL's)... just wondering about the response of these amps.
      I have a shot at a Bonehead, and honestly, there isn't much about them online...
      I'd be playing in A440, Drop D, possibly Drop C, and a 7 string tuned to B or B flat...

Comment

bonehead was the steve lukather signature amp. they are very nice. all rivera's sound great and are versatile, but the bonehead is a killer!!!! it is the pre-runner of the knucklehead reverb amps. the amp will handel any tuning thrown at it. add the K412 and a sub1 or 2 and you would have an utterly MASSIVE sound with bone crushing lows!!!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Bonehead is a GREAT amp.

Yes, I love the LosLobottom nothign compares to it.
          No Engl, Mesa, Genz Benz cab compares to it, simple and not even close.
          The overall tone is crushing. Imagine Rammstein with presence and note definition. When I play, and I do mostly at the house these days, the whole house shakes like a freight train driving thru.

I got to take it out with friends one time and were gigging on a 5 acre farm and I sounded like playing though a wall of amps with balls to spare. I have the snaller 300W single speaker version.
          Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Thanks guys... the reviews and info I found on the head were "mixed" and contradictory to say the least
            Funny - I was thinking "how the hell will a 1x12 be able to handle 300 watts of bass frequency?"
            Cool that it works.. guess I'll wait to see if that heads ends up in my hands, then guess I'll try to hunt a sub down...

Comment

I got KR100/Rivera4x12 that absoulutely love!! I've put it up to a few Marshalls, a Blue Voodoo, and a Mesa, and have blown them all away tone wise!! All the owners of these amps I've played with, have asked to play it! They are pretty damn loud though! I usually change the wattage lower when I'm in my house!
              As far as the Los Lobottom cabs!! Those things are EVIL!!!! I've played through a cpl of sub 1's and 1 sub 2, and can't even describe how evil they can get!! Problem is I can't get my paws on one! Especially a (500watt) sub 2!! There are very rare! Seen 1 in the last 3 years on the bay, and turns out it was the same one!! Lol! They only make them in short runs and won't be made again til winter namm!! "Got this from Paul Rivera Sr. himself!!" Shame though!! They could be making a lotta cash on these!! Especially at $1600 a pop!!
              I love admins!

Comment

[QUOTE=Wayniac]Funny - I was thinking "how the hell will a 1x12 be able to handle 300 watts of bass frequency?"
                QUOTE]
                JBL's
                I love admins!

Comment

JBL - Junky But Loud !??!
                  I could've swore the specs on those said Celestions....
                  Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Wayniac
                    I could've swore the specs on those said Celestions....
                    Hmmmm
                    They use V 30's in their 4x12's, but the sub 1, sub 2's use JBL's. Look at their site for reference. And boy do they ROCK!!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
                      Especially at $1600 a pop!!
                      Grabbing chest....

Comment

I have a K-Tre. It probably has the most available distortion of any tube amp I've ever played. I also have an Uberschall, Ecstasy and a Triple Rectifier (which is my main gigging amp).

The clean tones are great as well, tons of headroom without tons of breakup. What I really wish is that the gain boost on the amp (footswitchable) was more of a solo boost ala the Rectifier. IMO, the amp needs no gain boost whatsoever.

I haven't played any other Riveras, but can say that the K-Tre is a hell of a high gain amp that competes with any of the big boys out there today.

Comment

Working...
                        X