100 watt head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 watt head

The made in England 100 watt Jackson amps are patterned after a Marshall are they not?Found one today and brought it home
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

The old, discontinued Jackson/Charvel amps? I don't think they were made in England, were they?
    Do you mean this new company, Jackson Ampworks? http://www.jacksonampworks.com/
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The JG series were made in England.. patterned after a Laney AOR circuit moreso than a Marshall.
      Last edited by charvelguy; 09-10-2006, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Oh, the JG series? Were these similar to the Apogee or Reference models?

Comment

This one is made in England.Laney.... Ok that gives me a reference point.Thanks.The address is Jackson/Charvel Ft.Worth on the back.
          Last edited by straycat; 09-10-2006, 05:35 PM.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No.. the Apogee were either a solid state output or preamp section, one of the two AFAIK. The Ref models were also a different circuit based upon another amp builders design...I forget who specifically but its been discussed here before but they were considered a better sounding design than the JG. They all differ from one another.. but the JG is made in England.
            A few mods tho and those amps would be alright as I believe the problem with the tone issues being to dark sounding were relative to the type of output transformers being used.

Looking about on the web..it seems there were a few versions of the JG style amp.. also a MG and a RG? They all look to be about the same thing. These amps are monsters to tote about.. I think I could convert mine to a 5 space rack.
            Last edited by charvelguy; 09-11-2006, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I like your sig Joe..

Comment

Maybe someone here will learn from it.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                    Maybe someone here will learn from it.
                    Something tell's me that would be wishful thinking...

There was a big thread about the Jackson Reference series of amps a while back - I don't remember what happened to it, but I do remember that there was a thought at one point that they were MADE by Laney, but that was indeed NOT true. I had one - the 50 watter with a matching cabinet. I bought it at Bank's as part of that big buyout when the roof got torn off my a tornade and some things got wet. Got a few guitars out of that deal as well. Nice amp though. It had a little oxidation here and there, but otherwise pretty nice. Wish I still had it - like many other things I've owned...

Comment

The Reference were not made by Laney..they were another amp builder design. I think the Reference amps were made in USA.
                      The JG series are alot like a Laney AOR circuit..and say made in England on the chassis.
                      Reference were the only amps I saw at that Banks blowout. Tornado came? Is that what happened? I thought it was a fire sale. I ended up with one of the cabs years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X