Good tube power amp for Mp1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VoiceX3
    I just spoke with my old guitar teacher who has one of these and he said he used it extensively gigging. Said it overheated once so he moved it into a 5 space from a 3 with his MP1 And power conditioner and never had the problem again.

Burn, not to ruffle anyone's feathers, but for tone's sake......don't do this. PA amps are tone suckers. While alone it will sound good, with a whole band (depending on the type of music you're playing..for any type of metal, this is bad) the sound will get lost and muffled in the mix. Even pumping the mids won't help bring it out.
    no ruffled feathers here!!! i would never do that for myself. i have known others to do it and they have ben happy with their sound.

personally, i would hold out until you could get a 100 watt power amp. no sense in wasting money playing around with different things. the peavey classic 120 can be had for around $300. that should be perfect, HEAVY, but well suited for live use.....plus you'd have some power to spare for larger gigs later.

if you are in NO big hurry then look into one of the bigger mesa amps, the rivera hammer 120 or 360, the VHT....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X