Been on a buying spree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been on a buying spree.

I needed a bass amp. My cousin is playing bass for us, but only has a small practice amp. He can't buy a rig yet because he just bought a house and had a baby, so I figured I always wanted a bass rig, why not buy one. Bill recommended a Carvin R1000, and I was very close to buying one, but I had heard mixed reviews. However I have heard nothing but praise for the Eden and Eden Nemesis stuff, so I went for the top of the line Eden Nemesis NA650.

I'll be running a single 4 ohm Cabinet to start with. I bought a used Eden D215XLT. It is like new, and I got it for a steal. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to add a 2x10 so I'll be running it at 650 watts at 2 ohms. That should be enough to compete with 2 lunatic guitar players and a maniac drummer who all play way too loud.

Now, part of the money came from selling my Randall RGT100, and matching cabinet, which was my home practice rig. So now I am without an amp at home. what should I do? Well, I have 4 brand new Celestion V30s, with no home, so I bought a nice 2x12 cab to put 2 of them in. Now I can use either my TMB or Blue Voodoo at home with the 2 x 12. I'll probably get another one of these cabs to use the other 2 V30s in at some point.

I will also be buying a Line 6 Spider II 212 combo in a couple of weeks too. I like the versatility of the onboard digital effects, and modelling. Plus, the Spider IIs are cheap because the Spider IIIs are about to come out. $399 is a damn good price.

I also needed a bass, because although my cousin will be using the rig at rehearsal, I plan on using it myself at home. I figured I'd start out with something super cheap, and I'd heard from a lot of bass players, that the SX basses are really decent basses, and ludicrously cheap. I would rather not buy Chinese made stuff, but I have no willpower, and bought one of these.

It's really just a temporary measure until I find a good bass that I like, but it should suit my needs for now.

This should hold off any GAS atrtacks for a week or so.
    Last edited by zeegler; 09-16-2006, 05:05 PM.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

WOW :O crazy man.......
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

Last edited by Boxcar Willie 84; 09-17-2006, 01:07 AM.

Comment

That's a really good rig. I think you did just fine with the amp and cab. I've never heard of the bass before though so I can't offer an opinion on that one.
        650 watts is going to get you a very aggressive driven sound. Sounds like what you need tom compete with the guitars.

Comment

Working...
        X