Peavey Supreme 160 head @ pawn shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Supreme 160 head @ pawn shop

Anyone have any experience and comments about the Supreme 160. Price tag read $250 Cdn about $222 US. How do you haggle with these Pawn Shops - this place they called a "Liquidation Center" LOL

I had one back when they first came out. It sounded cool at first, and it's great for metal, but after a while at rehearsal, it started to bother me. It gave me ear fatigue really bad. Not a bad amp, but not great either, after all it is solid state. $250 isn't a bad price, but I would offer them $200 cash if I were you.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I had one for a year way back when. pretty much metal only. it'll work for metal and $200 ain't too bad.

Comment

yeah, I was thinking of offering $200Cdn -if I decide to go for it.

Comment

This sounds silly, but the way to do that is to hide all your money but the $200 somewhere besides the wallet. Pull the money out in front of the salesman and count it, then tell him that's all you have and offer it. Believe it or not the sight of the cash can stimulate the sale. Mention that you don't need a receipt, that helps too.

I agree, it's not a bad metal amp but it's definitely a $200 amp, worth that but it's not an amazing score for that or anything. Peaveys are reliable, that's a plus if the sound's okay for you.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Flash the cash, and watch them jitter. I'd still ask for a receipt, though.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

The Supreme 160 is the head that the legendary band At The Gates used on the album Slaughter of the Soul. You just need to tune to B and use one Boss MT-2 Metal Zone and one Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got a 9+/10 (not mint, the old owners band name was spraypainted on the bottom) Peavey VTM-60 for $175 shipped. I'd say you could do better.

Comment

Working...
                X