Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fopund a little jem, Boss BE-5

[edit] goofed the title[/edit]
    I picked this up because it's cheap and I never owned a compressor.
    I used it some last night and was really impressed. I went looking for details on the web and by looking at the date of manufacture and settings on it, it looks like there is a CE-2 Chorus built in, a stripped down noise gate (threshold only, but works!), Digital delay- very similar in layout to the DD-2, the OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion, and CS-3 (compressor/sustainer).

I Really like this pedal, the only complaint is that it is made of super cheesy plastic throughout, but seems remarkably well put together. Has a "tuner out", stereo out and send/receive.

It is almost completely analog except for the delay (I took it apart and there are very few ICs/chips).

I have owned quite a few overdrives and distortions, though I am no expert and have to say, I liked the HM-2, the MT-2 was OK, rat was ok, I like the tubescreamers TS-5 and 7, really like the SD-1, and did not like the DS-1.
    I am thinking the OS-2 is really overlooked by SD-1/tubescreamer lovers. It really lets you put some extra hair on an SD-1 IMO.

I am going to try and use this thing exclusively until it breaks, I find something I don't like, or I aquire all the pieces independently that are in this thing- but I couldn't have bought a new CE-3 for what this thing cost!

I haven't put it through garage band volumes yet, but so far so good into the front of a lead 12 and marshall 4010!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

I just picked up a compressor myself, but I got an MXR Super Comp. Compressors are worthless on high gain IMO, but they shine with cleans and low gain stuff.

Comment

Working...
    X