Randall MTS Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall MTS Users?

Just curious if there are any other Randall MTS users here??

I know myself, HippieTim, and Roodyrocker all use/have the Randall MTS stuff, and Twisteramps had the RM100 for a while.

I have the RM4 preamp with the Plexi, Brown, Top-Boost, and SL+ modules...Tim has the RM100 with a bunch of modules...I don't know what Rudy is using.

I, personally, love the preamp and am getting some of the best tones of my life...and I've had the Soldano SP-77, ADA MP-1, Rocktron Chameleon Online (first version), and a Laney 50 watt tube head in the past....killer preamp...

Just curious...what are your thoughts, impressions etc. of the Randall stuff. I am very impressed...

what's with all the ginormous red posts? do you miss big red?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I'm running an RM100 with the Clean, 1086 and Ultra modules so far. I haven't been playing in a few weeks, so when I have some more time, I'm grabbing the Plexi, Ultra XL and Blackface modules also. I personally love it, every module sounds different from the next too, which makes it a great amp for me. I've been playing with digital modelling amps for years too, so for me to just plug in and have a great tone rather than dialing it in and then tweaking, is great. I just bought some KT88's to try out (88's on the outside, E34L's on the inside), so when I do it should sound even punchier and have a bit more balls (don't even really need it, the Randall 2x12 I'm using is the best cab I've ever used) Here's my small, but kickass rig

Comment

Sup?
        I have an RM-4 but only 2 modules. I have the XTC and Recto, both with the .001 cap job. I've had it for a couple of weeks now and I'm diggin it so far, I'd like to get an SL+ and I'd really like to check out the Mr. Scarry, and 1086 modules though. I'm gonna order some of the Tung Sol 12ax7's like Bill just got and slap them in the two I've got and see how they do.

Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 09-21-2006, 06:49 PM.
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

RM100 user here. I have JTM,Blackface.DLX.Plexi,Modern,Ultra,Ultralead,XTC ,Tweed,SL,Clean and Brown modules. I really need to get 1086 module!
          RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
          CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
          Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
          Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

RM100 here. I have 13 modules right now. I'm sort of settling in on the ones I really like. The Brown is a must - I love that one.

- Newc

Comment

I finally found a nice used RM50B combo (been searching for a few months). I've only had it a couple days, but I love the thing so far. It came with Blackface and Recto modules (both modded). The cleans on this thing are blowing me away. It's sitting right next to an Allen Old Flame (boutique amp based on a blackface Vibrolux Reverb) and I honestly like the Randall as well.

This thing sounds HUGE for a 1x12. I really haven't had a chance to crank it, but she's definitely loud too. Also, weighs a ton.

Reverb sounds great. However, I was worred at first because the reverb sounded like total crap and was distorting. I found a tweak that not only made the reverb sound awesome, but makes the whole amp sound better....

Run the main amp master volume at noon or higher, then turn the individual module masters to the desired level. This also allows me to effectively use the master volume boost feature for a lead boost.
              Last edited by Chad; 09-24-2006, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Here's my RM4 and the rest of the rack:

Comment

sam, you forgot the wiring picture

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X