Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intellifex...Black Face or Silver Face? Differences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellifex...Black Face or Silver Face? Differences?

As it says. What are the differences between them, which is best?
    Thanks
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Anyone?
    I have been using a quadraverb GT but it seems to mess my tone up when on.

Comment

Cleveland John had some more specific info on it, i cant remember what it was exactly but I think the processor in the early ones had a better chip or something, plus the later ones are made overseas as the early ones are US made...I had an original issue blackface one and thought it was great, but I got rid of it when i quit using a rack-based setup.

Comment

I know John has the black one..I have no clue what the difference is..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The difference is.. One is called Black Face and the other is called Silver Face. Isn't it obvious?

Sorry for being such a jerk but isn't this the typical kind of useless answer people HATE to get?:p Sorry I can't help, it would be nice to know the difference tho
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Tone wise they should be the same. I think the blackface had a bit more solid construction internally, with socket instead of direct mounted electronics. But I had the silverface one for a long while and it never had any problems. Good units all of them.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Cleveland John said the USA made models had better construction. I have a Korean made Intellifex Online and it is fine after a couple of years, but I don't use it that often either because it's part of my rack and I generally just plug into a combo at home.

I don't recall him mentioning a sonic difference, just build quality. It is pretty transparent tonewise, at least to my ears.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X