Rect-O-Verb impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rect-O-Verb impressions?

I've never paid much attention to Mesa amps, but I've been trying to simplify my rig and tried out a Rect-O-Verb over the weekend. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it, but my main interest is in finding an amp that either has a decent footswitchable effects loop for running a digital delay, or something with footswitchable reverb. This was a used amp and seemingly well cared-for, not to mention reasonably priced. The reverb wasn't quite up to par with my old Boss DD-2, but it was pretty good. At the volume I was playing, the tone seemed good with both a Hamer Diablo and Jackson DK2M, each with JBs.

Anyone used a Rect-O-Verb in a band setting? I'm doing a gig on Friday with my ART Eighty/Eighty, which might cover my needs, but if not...
    sigpic

they are awesome!
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Obviously, I'm quite the fan of Mesas. A lot of people like the Rect-o-verbs since they're not quite as "aggressive" as the Solo heads. I've liked the ones I've heard - Noodles had one for a while, so maybe he's got something to add...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I checked out some Harmony Central reviews, and many mentioned that the effects loop isn't very good. Not a big deal if the reverb is good...but many reviews also stated that the reverb doesn't seem to do much with the "modern" distortion setting. If that's the case (at gig volumes) it would kill my interest in the Rect-O-Verb anyway.
        sigpic

Comment

I have one, but don't use the reverb much on the 'Modern' channel. I've never had issue with the effects loop, but I've just run pedals through it. Eaeolian, my understanding is that the Rect-o-verb is just a Single Rectifier with reverb. Mine's a 'Solo' head, and other than the lack of diamond plate on the front, it looks exactly like a 'normal' Single Recto. But I may certainly be wrong!

Pat

Comment

Rectos are great... just crank up the mids and enjoy!

Comment

Recto-verbs are the combo version of the Single Rec Solo head + reverb.
              Scott

Comment

Ah, I learn something everyday!

Comment

My 2 favorite Recto's are the Road King and the Rect-O-Verb. I like the clean better on the verb than on the Ace combo I just tried the other day.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Actually, there's a rectoverb head, too. The solo doesn't have reverb. I had one for awhile with a 2x12 vertical cabinet and really liked the way it sounded. I wasn't too impressed with the cleans, though, but the crunch channel was awesome.
                    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Yep, that's what I got. So, the Rectoverb head is the same circuitry as the Solo head, but with reverb? But the combo is different?

Comment

There's a Rectoverb head? News to me. I thought the new Solo 50 head replaced it.

Very nice tone either way. Very tight from the solid-state rectifier.
                        Scott

Comment

Rectoverbs and Tremoverbs are great amps. They are clearer sounding than the Dual/Triple solo heads in high gain applications, and more versatile. They still have that Rectifier voice, just a bit more under control.

Comment

Originally posted by mccullpl View Post
                            Yep, that's what I got. So, the Rectoverb head is the same circuitry as the Solo head, but with reverb? But the combo is different?
                            The combo has it's own speaker!! :ROTF:

Sorry - couldn't resist. I'll go back to work now.

Comment

Working...
                            X