Poweramp for JMP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poweramp for JMP-1

Any JMP-1 users out there? I in the market for a tube poweramp for mine. I was thinking A VHT 2/50/2 or the Randall RT 2/50. Any recommendations?

VHT all the way. I'll probably be getting a 2:90:2 myself for a slightly tighter sound though.

Comment

VHT probably makes the best power amps out there. If you can afford one, get one! If I was running a conventional rack set-up instead of a rackmounted head I´d definitely power it with VHT.

Comment

I have a Lee Jackson Perfect connection for the JMP-1 in my portable rack (Loud, easily movable, lots of headroom), but for gigs or recording, I prefer to run it with my ENGL poweramp (overall warmer tone)....

Comment

i love my 2502
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah, VHT´s really are great. I also like those old Rivera TBR Hammer power amps alot, but they can be hard to find sometimes.

Comment

Run from the Randalls - they have some cool options, but reliability issues. If you can't come up with $ for a VHT, I'd go boogie over marshall.

Pete

Comment

The VHTs are superior in quality..and about twice the weight!

But my 9200 w/ 5881's paired with my JMP-1 FUCKING RULES!!!

..and they look pretty together..all gold and whatnot..

IMO..if you go 9200 ..go with the first series w/ 5881's..they SMOKE the EL34..all my freinds bought the El34 version..I think they sound poopy..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've been using a Mesa 20/20 for the past 6 months or so, plenty loud, relatively light, and sounds nice 'n tasty.

Comment

Holy Crap and shit..I had some cool metal dudes at my home..jammin'..good players that been around a while.

So I jammed with my friend Paul from Antithesis/Dark Arena..a bad motherfucker on the geetar..

He was playing my Uberschall , which he REALLY enjoyed and playing my Jackson DR-7 srting..

I was playing my Koa Charvel thru my Marshall JMP-1/9200 w/ 5881...bought since new in '96

He wanted to switch immediately , and now wants to buy a JMP-1..everyone insisted that my Marshall SMOKES my Uberschall..

They all acknowledge that The Bogner has mucho girth and crunch..

But everyone said the Marshall rig sounds much more defined and crisp..and clear..

I got the Tung Sols in the Uber and tweaked my G Major and never and it never sounded better!

I'm in shock at their amazed and shocked..I was not expecting that..

Even my own son Vinny prefers the Marshall over the Uber when we jam..he hears it better..

One thing 'bout the Uber is..ya don't need a bass player..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've heard people bash the JMP-1, but I've always thought they sound great. Do you mind sharing what settings you used for those Van Halen covers? Thanks.

Comment

This is VH NAILED!!!!..

OD2 bass sift OFF..Vol +20 / Gain +16 / Bass +6 / Mid -2 / Treble + 6 / Presence +3 to +6..depending on pups, volume ect..

You NEED a delay set to VH slapback..ala Cathedral, Aint Talkni'..which I find to be exactly at 366..366 is perfect to my ears and feel...of course don't keep the delay mix up past 50% unless your actually doing Catherdral..just enough for ambience..

Yes, if you want AUTHENTIC "Marshall" tone in a preamp..the JMP-1 is THE ticket..other preamps come close..but no cigar IMO!

After years of listening to and discovering new amps and bands..My JMP-1 still delivers the goods in spades!!

I fuggin' LOVE it!

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you think $799 is too much for a used JMP-1? I saw one locally.

Comment

Originally posted by khabibissell View Post
                            Just out of curiosity, do you think $799 is too much for a used JMP-1? I saw one locally.
                            Waaaaaay too much.. I'd not spend over $500

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                              This is VH NAILED!!!!..

OD2 bass sift OFF..Vol +20 / Gain +16 / Bass +6 / Mid -2 / Treble + 6 / Presence +3 to +6..depending on pups, volume ect..

You NEED a delay set to VH slapback..ala Cathedral, Aint Talkni'..which I find to be exactly at 366..366 is perfect to my ears and feel...of course don't keep the delay mix up past 50% unless your actually doing Catherdral..just enough for ambience..
                              Thanks a lot, bro! Do you run your delay in the loop of the JMP-1 or do you run it between the preamp and power amp? Also, I've always kept the front output level control on the JMP-1 at noon. Thoughts on that? I never really understood why it needed that control when you have the preset volume adjustments and ultimately set overall volume with your power amp.

Comment

Working...
                              X