No announcement yet.

The gear fairy arrived today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you have a few months set aside to play with it It took me two weeks just to get a useable tone out of it!
    Scott

Comment

The approach to getting a good tone on the Vetta is simple. It's exactly the same as a non-modeling setup. Turn all your pedals and compressors and EQs and reverbs and delays OFF. Turn off the second amp model on the Vetta. You are basically in guitar -> cord -> amp mode.

Now you dial in the amp tone. Only after the amp tone is happening do you add any of that other stuff.

It is a commone mistake to make with something like the Vetta to go turning a bunch of knobs and experimenting with all sorts of crap on at once. That's fine of course just to play around but it ain't gonna get you the holy grail of tone. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. To get a great tone with a traditional rig you wouldn't start by turning on all your pedals.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Yeah... I ran into that problem. But, so far, between myself and Darksaga fucken around on this thing, I finally hit my first "Holy Grail" tone consisting of nothing more then Two 2002 Bogner Uberschall's and a little bit of a eq'ing and the Line 6 Boost for a little extra cruch. Added a gate and a small delay and I started to smile in a big friggen way. It is amazing how each amp model just acts completely different from the other.

I started off tripping all over myself and had a really difficult time dialing in a tone. Once I turned off the cab sims and just worked on the amps, introduce distortion and EQing. Then everything started to come together. Hooking this thing up was the easy part. Getting tones to sound usefull was damn difficult because of what hippytim says. You gotta ease your way into it.

-Nate

Oh yeah... the Line6 Modern High Gain was the one tha tI used. I really liked it when I was running it on my XT Pro.
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

i *really* dig the diezels on the vetta.

also, mixing the vox and twin/deluxe reverb amp models for a clean tone is pretty sweet as well.

- Newc

Comment

What kinda cabs you using?

-Nate

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
              What kinda cabs you using?

-Nate
              back when i still had a vetta i was using the line 6 closed back 2z12, a pair of boogie thiele ported 1x12 cabs, and my avatar v30 loaded 4x12 and sometimes a Carvin 4x12.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                The approach to getting a good tone on the Vetta is simple. It's exactly the same as a non-modeling setup. Turn all your pedals and compressors and EQs and reverbs and delays OFF. Turn off the second amp model on the Vetta. You are basically in guitar -> cord -> amp mode.

Now you dial in the amp tone. Only after the amp tone is happening do you add any of that other stuff.

It is a commone mistake to make with something like the Vetta to go turning a bunch of knobs and experimenting with all sorts of crap on at once. That's fine of course just to play around but it ain't gonna get you the holy grail of tone. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. To get a great tone with a traditional rig you wouldn't start by turning on all your pedals.
                Yes that's a definite first step. I found that two amps was more of a toy than a feature, and I don't use any effects at all! It ended up being a Bogner Uberschall model with a Mesa 4x12 cab sim for me. FWIW I had the combo version. I guess it was just too much for a simple "plug in and go" player like myself.
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  I found that two amps was more of a toy than a feature,
                  then with all due respect, you missed the boat on dialing this in to work for you. the two amps feature is the one I love the most. course, it's not for everyone.
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    then with all due respect, you missed the boat on dialing this in to work for you. the two amps feature is the one I love the most. course, it's not for everyone.
                    It sure thickens up the sound... especially when running it in a stereo setup.

-Nate

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                      *watches the boat sail over the horizon*

I think my main problem was that I was overwhelmed with the sheer number of amp models, most of which I had never heard of and didn't have the time to go through all 80. Ah well, whatever floats your boat
                      Scott

Comment

Working...
                      X