No announcement yet.

Best amp for $1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense, but who tries out an amp, without tweaking it, and relying on the settings already present? Not I.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Oh believe me, I tweaked the settings as best I could. Still too "clangy" to my ears. I can definitely see why some people would like it though. I'm just looking for something a bit tighter.

And yeah the amps were at the "Guitar Center" settings even though it wasn't Guitar Center: gain cranked, bass cranked, mids zeroed, and treble, presence, and resonance cranked. I did my best but the Peaveys were still clangy and buzzy. Remember that I want an amp that will sound good at bedroom volumes too, so I wasn't putting them up to full blast (which, imo, 99% of amps sound good at).
      Last edited by Spivonious; 10-22-2006, 09:38 PM.
      Scott

Comment

I have never heard a VL1002 but I gotta say that it gets fantastic reviews online. I gotta check one out.

Comment

If I had $1200 sitting around, you can bet I'd have a Mesa MK IV sitting around shortly thereafter...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            If I had $1200 sitting around, you can bet I'd have a Mesa MK IV sitting around shortly thereafter...
            Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin View Post
              Mark III.

Everything is in there......

Mike
              I will second that. I had four Mark IIC+ heads (yes four of them. I only have two left though) and a Blue Stripe Mark III head that I bought for $500, and it sound identical to the Mark IIC+ heads. Mark III = Great Metal Tone.

Comment

[quote=
                Guitarted: What Engl models would you suggest?[/quote]

Fireball, Powerball, Savage 120

Comment

Working...
                X