No announcement yet.

Flextone HD vs. Flextone II HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're talking about the big floorboard, yes. It's also that way with the regular Flextones as well. There's at least 4 banks of 4 if I remember right.

Comment

Hmm, the manual seems to agree with you. I could have sworn that I read somewhere on the line6 site that you didnt get all those banks with the original flextone. Thanks for the info, now I just have to figure out how to access all of them. The manual shows 3.5 banks of 8 presets each and .5 banks for create your own. Ok, Ive been able to find 4 banks of 4, now I just need to find the other 4 that Im missing. How do I get the "P" to appear in the window. I think thats where the other ones are. Hmm back to the manual. Interesting, and sorry for the Hijack.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
        The vetta's can sound great, as to being the best amp no, put them up the real things and you will see. However if you need flexibility then it is the best choice, and they are damn close to what they clone and most normal people would never know the differnce.

My dislikes about the vetta.

It is a little fizzy, put its uber up against my real uber, you had this top end fizz that i couldnt get rid of.

Not as clear as the originals. Putting the XTC model up against my XTC, well lets just say it sounded not as good. The note definition was just not there. Now take it if you do not own these amps, you would never know the difference and be in heaven.

Alot of the models sound like ass, i hated every marshall model on there.

Not enough control, this was the deciding factor for me, if they would have let me decide on tube or diode recto on the mesa one, i would have kept it. But i hate the way the tube sounds for rythems and would much rather have it on diode.

Overall if you are playing super gained out metal, I would say get the Vetta and dont look back, great bang for the buck, but if you are a amp purist, trust me you will eventualy get tired of it.

I respect your opinion Siggy and I pretty much agree with all of the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
          Hmm, the manual seems to agree with you. I could have sworn that I read somewhere on the line6 site that you didnt get all those banks with the original flextone. Thanks for the info, now I just have to figure out how to access all of them. The manual shows 3.5 banks of 8 presets each and .5 banks for create your own. Ok, Ive been able to find 4 banks of 4, now I just need to find the other 4 that Im missing. How do I get the "P" to appear in the window. I think thats where the other ones are. Hmm back to the manual. Interesting, and sorry for the Hijack.
          Press down both the BANK UP and BANK DOWN buttons at the same time. Should get you where you need to go.

Comment

Yes! I actually did it by accident and saw the P in the window and said, Hmmm, howd I do that? Thanks. I actually learned more about my amp tonight then I did in the few months that Ive had it.

Comment

Cool - glad I was able to offer some actual USABLE info on this forum for a change!

Comment

i personally think the hd147 is better sounding than both flextone heads.
                as for the vetta, i think it's the best sounding line 6 amp because it can do the 2 amps at once.
                sure it doesn't sound 100% like a high end boutique amps, but it gets you 99% there.
                and yes, the vetta is real complicated to use, but once it's all setup, it sounds great.

Comment

Anyone have any good high gain rhythm patches for an XT Live that I can try through my Rocktron Velocity poweramp? I've had mine for 2 years so I know the in and outs of it, but every thing I try still sounds like shit. The closest I've gotten so far to a decent tone is using the Big Bottom model with a low drive setting and a tube screamer...Someone make me a believer!

Comment

i am a big fan of the pod v2 stuff over the tinny xt kit.. seems to be more depth and bass to it, imho. plus my xt stuff was totally unreliable.

Comment

on a related sidenote....how does the hd147 compare to the flextone II HD in terms of tightness of the low frequencies? moreover, which one is brighter sounding? apparently the pod xt stuff is in general way brighter and less bass-heavy than the old 2.0 series, i wonder if the same thing goes for the heads? i've heared the same band use both the flextone and the HD147, and thought the flextone sounded better. on the other hand, i prefer bright and tight sounds over the bass heavy wall of sound thing.

to get to the point, i'm either picking up a flextone 2 HD or a pod xt pro+tube power amp (kataklysm used the xt pro through the power section of a tsl marshall, and had the very best live sound i've ever heared, exactly like their last album), for band rehearsals mainly - live it's gonna be the framus cobra

Comment

Sort of an update here, I just got my Flextone HD in the mail today so I now have a Flextone HD and a Flextone II HD. Prepare for a comparitive review within a day or so!

Comment

so, what about the review?

Comment

Working...
                          X