Programmable rackmonuted EQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programmable rackmonuted EQ?

Wild Hair Time again - this time I'm looking at (with a possibility for) a rack-mounted EQ unit that has the following features:
    • programmable, with full MIDI In/Out or In/Out/Thru
    • at least 30 User banks
    • standard 1/4" ins/outs
    • stereo or mono
    • graphic, parametric, or both
    What I'd LIKE to find: all of the above plus:
    • true stereo - left in goes to left out, right in goes to right out, and both channels can be set totally different from each other
    • user-definable number of bands AND type - 2-band up to 10-band Parametric, 5-band to 30-band graphic
    • completely selectable frequency range for each band in each patch for both EQ types - preferably a Data Wheel so if I want a band to operate on 850Hz instead of 800, or 813Hz, or any whole number in between 20Hz and 20 kHz, all I do is dial it in.
    • less than $500
    Anyone ever heard of something like that and know where I can find one?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I think you should just go into the business, Newc. I'd buy that.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Anybody wanna build it?
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Hmmm. Alesis has a DEQ230 (2-channel) and DEQ830 (8 channel) programmable EQ (graphic).

I emailed them with the idea asking if they can do custom-shop stuff

Comment

a lot of guys swear by these:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I was thinking Behringer as well when I was reading your post Newc....they have decent stuff at decent prices...I've messed around with one of their EQ's but don't have much first hand info.

- Joel
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

Digitech made a programable graphic many years ago. I used it in my giant rack rig for years. It was decent, but not nearly as good as the non-programable options out there.
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Thanks. The Behringer looks nice. At least I know where to get the XLR-1/4" cables (had to get them for the older H3000 I had)

Comment

I know that ADA made one, I heard it was suppose to be pretty good.
                  I've been looking for one for years but have never even seen one yet!
                  Did just find a piece of rack gear that I've been looking for forever.
                  It's was made by KittyHawk amps, it called a Midi Patchbayette 1.
                  Very usefull device!, and I got it for just $75.!!

Comment

Roland SRQ 4015.. I paid less than a 100 for each of mine.
                    I also have a Roland E-660.. that may do it for you as well-these used to go cheap before they got a buzz going. I've seen it on eBay for as little as 25.00. They used to retail for over a 1000.00.

Comment

Working...
                    X