No announcement yet.

Picking up radio stations like crazy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking up radio stations like crazy...

Alright this is getting rediculous... This is on the Vetta btw. The station is getting so strong that its getting through the gate! I had this problem with my old setup, but it wasnt as bad.

Im running straight into the amp from the guitar... think this could be a cable problem or something else? It happens with every guitar, and even if I unplug the guitar (just not as bad).
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Un-grounded outlets? Old house,old wiring?

Comment

You dont have that chick from the Partridge Family smokin your pole, do ya? That would definately cause this problem. Damm those braces!! " Hey, I hear music. I think its the Rolling Stones.":ROTF:

Comment

I had that problem with my Mesa Recto once or twice, but that was in a 100 yr old house with crappy wiring, so I'd say chrisolsen is on to something.

Comment

Try a differant cable. I had the same problem awhile back. It was a grounding issue. I could have fixed it but wanted a better cable anyhow. Also the above is correct bad grounding in outlets and wiring will do the same thing.

Comment

House isnt that old <40yrs and I redid all the outlets so it *should* be grounded. Other than that, Ill try a new cable for sure. If that doesent do it, I guess some sort of power conditioner is the answer?
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Maybe, but I've still picked up noise even then.

Comment

WOW! I thought it was just my hand-wired Zinky that was picking up stations like Spock's "City on the Edge of Forever" radio. What really sucks is I that I can only get my local progressive talk radio station. In between playing I get to hear whining. It almost like they can hear me play.:lol

Comment

Im picking up an AM station, clear enough that if I turn the amp up, I can hear it perfectly. I even knew the radio station at one point because I heard them announce it.

Comment

It's a ground issue. Try systematicly going thru it. Start with just the amp on with no cable plugged in. If it doesnt do it then add the cable. If it still doesnt do it then add the guitar. Most likely its the cabel though and the cble itself is acting as an antenna.
                    Gil

Comment

Exactly. Its a ground issue. If you have properly grounded AC outlets then its most likely a bad cord thats acting like an antenna.

Comment

Well its the cable... amp is DEAD silent without the cable plugged in, gate off, at full power. Whew, thats a relief.

Comment

Working...
                        X