Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why should i trade the cube 60 for the spider III 2x10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why should i trade the cube 60 for the spider III 2x10?

just thinking about it... can i get some pros and cons?
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII120

Being that I've never liked either Line6 or Roland, or modeling amps at all for that matter, I'd say go for the spider. According to the description the spider has more options. Have you played both side by side? I'd say go buy a spider 3 and play it side by side with your cube. If you like the Spider then sell the cube, or just return the spider if you decide on the cube.

We're it me I'd save the extra cash and just buy a used recto or jcm and call it a day.
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

If the Cube 60 has a 12" speaker I would stick with that one. I am not a fan of 2 x 10 combo's. Not enough bottom end.

Comment

Definitely play the Spider first. It looks great on paper but IMO sounds like crap. Line 6 makes one good sounding amp, and that is the Vetta. If you're looking for modeling amps, try out Vox's Valvetronix line. More natural sound than Line 6.
        Scott

Comment

Stick w/ the Cube.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Why is the 2x10 the one you're considering? They make a 112 and a 212 combo as well. I'm with John in that you need a 12" to have adequate bottom end. You already lose some of that with an open-back combo, going with 10" speakers too just weakens the tone IMO.

As for the Spider amps, some love 'em and some hate 'em. If you like their sound they have a lot of features for cheeap. If not, the features won't make up for lack of a basic tone that you dig. What good tone is is a subjective issue. If YOU dig the tone, you will play better. When people hear you play well, they will tend to like your tone because of your playing.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I love the Spyder II w/ 1 12"..it gets any tone I need to practice..

good 'nuff for me ..and really good for $150 new..

I tried those presets on the new Syper III..I'll stick with my own settings ..thank you very much!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

so if i trade , i need to look at the combo 1x12 75w? if so then the $$$ wouldn't be an issue. just need to know if i would gain anything.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I personally think the Spider III sounds light years better than the II series...I guess it depends how much you like the Cube.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Stick with the Cube.

Comment

does the spider III amp have alternate tunings on their onboard digital tuners? i really like the versatility this amp may offer.
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Yeah, I think it's got a chromatic tuner built in.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I have a SpiderII head and love it. I've played the 3s and their even better. I would say get the SpiderIII. They're awesome, and IMHO, have a great sound. They are versatile amps. Though be warned: I don't know if they've upgraded it, but the chorus effect on SpiderII out right sucks. I didn't try it when I played the new one, but it was one of its weak points. Other than that, hte Spider series are awesome. Made well too. I would recommend it.

Comment

"why should i trade the cube 60 for the spider III 2x10?"

the answer is simple. because you think the spider iii sounds better and has more of the features you are looking for. if that is not the case then well DUH...
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

how much is the Cube..??!!

The 30wt spyder II with 12" celstion is $150..awesome for a killer "practice" amp..or a kid just learning to play..like my son Vinny.

if the Cube is close to $300..why bother..put a little more in it and buy a REAL amp, or Rack gear for your main stage sound..like a G Major and ect..

I Think!!
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X