Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why should i trade the cube 60 for the spider III 2x10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hippietim... why so brutal?

bill... i have the cube 60, just thinking about buying into the line6 spider III thing. i have a chance trade out the cube 60 plus 100.00 for a new spider III 75w 12" combo. i really like my cube 60, but the spider III gets great reviews from everyone. that's why i'm considering it very seriously.
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

If you're just going to use it as a practice amp, why not just stick with what you have?

Don't spend money just to spend it... a practice amp is just that, something to amplify the guitar to practice with. Does it really matter if one sounds slightly better than the other? If you're looking for something that is giggable, you should probably look at something different all together.

Comment

Originally posted by dk2magic View Post
        hippietim... why so brutal?
        well, not sooo brutal really. i was just pointing out that if you have to ask us why you should trade then you aren't so convinced yourself in which case the answer is still DUH :ROTF:
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

hippietim... no problems i know that was very tame coming from you it's just a practice amp for me... just trying to clean up some space (pedal tuner,footswitches, and less cables) reading about the "over 250 artists settings plus 150 song based presets", 15 watts more power, and a built in tuner. i guess i need to go play one and see if i like the way it sounds.
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Cube 60, and this is coming from a Line 6 person. I have a Vetta and a Roland. The clean on the Cube is hard to beat, but you can easily find a decent Recitfier and Marshall type sound there. Personally, I play the Fender model with medium gain on the Cube and it sounds great.

Comment

I tried the Spyder II..the presets absolyely SUCK..not one I would ever use..

and not woth the $$$..for 200 buck you can buy the 75 wt version of the spyder II..or $150 for the 30 wt whicj I practice with all the time..it's a GREAT practice amp capable of ANY style you're lookin' for to practice..

My advice grab the 30 wt spyder II for 150 bucks..save your dough and invest that money saved into you REAL gear..

Want to save some sapce..buy a new G _ Major for 300 bucks..best FX unit out there for the dough ...by far!!

It has a AWESOME noise gate (better than any "hush" I've owned) and a tuner to boot..and the sounds are incredible..you can get alot of different delay tones..analog or digital..I just started to learn programing the unit and it has more than enough tweaking potential that I actually need..I didn't even try playing with the EQ section yet..

Like I said I play practice with a Spyder II everday..and it's a real easy and enjoyable little amp to shred on..I can get the little fucker pretty brutal..total divebombs from hell and squeals that would make Zakk blush..how can you beat that for 150 bucks..??

And I can get a pretty fuggin' cool classic VH tone out of it..I drive my wife nuts with my daily eruption ritual..

She's HATES eruption..she hears that BS in her fuggin' sleep!!

Bill Z
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

bill... could i use the on board tuner to get alternate tunings? can't find where it states it specifically.
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

they are both good. I would suggest buying the practice amp that you think sounds better.

Comment

bill... could i use the on board tuner to get alternate tunings? can't find where it states it specifically.

The G major??..Yes..All my guitars except my 7 string string are all tuned to D..it does a very fine job..and it kills all my noise of my maxed gained Uberschall, and that's a lot of noise without it..I love it!!

Boy was I messed up typing that post last night..whew..it's was late..and I was slightly umm.."impaired"..

My point is ..that I'm not degrading the Roland cube at all..I'm just saying for $150 bucks the Spyder II will do anything you need it to ..in ALL styles..and cheap!

The cube is a great practice amp as well..but they're a bit expensive for that purpose IMO..I played both..yes, both sound good..but the Spyder sounds better at almost half the cost..

Put that saved money into the gear that really matters..with the money you save..you can buy a set of Tung Sols for you favorite amp, a great fx unit, some good quality cables and so on..it a more feasible investment..I think!!

Believe me..I play the Spyder everyday..grabbing it from my kid half the time.. . It can do anything from country, jazz, blues, to classic VH and death metal..and do it very well..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW..Correction..those presets on the "Syder III"..I ran thru them, and didn't care for one.. it's a just name drop gimmick IMO..Oh Dave Mustaine personally programmed and uses this unit..NOT!!

For what I play, I'm much better off with the Spyder II. I can dial it in for whatever I'm going for within' seconds..I just use the insane channel anywhoo..but the clean and metal channels do a fine job getting very close to the bands your emulating..

Comment

bill... sorry, i meant the spyder III 75watt amp.
                        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                        Amp... Pioneer
                        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

bill... sorry, i meant the spyder III 75watt amp.
                          You mean there's tuner on that amp..funny..I didn't see one..hmmmmm..

honesly I don't know..

Hey guys..is there tuner on the Spyder III..that is a good addition if there is..but I found the presets useless myself..

Comment

Working...
                          X