Okay here goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay here goes

I'm looking for some estimates on trade in values for this stuff. After looking around on eBay for the finished sales here's what I came up with:

POD 2.0 - $100+
    Vox AD50VT - $200+
    Marshall 1933 1x12 cab w/ Vintage 30 - $250+

I guess what I'm asking is what could I expect from a non-chain guitar store trade-in? Are these prices reasonable? The fiancee has given me clearance to buy a new amp as long as I dump my old gear.

**NOTE: This is not a post trying to sell my gear. I just want to get an idea of values. I'll be trading this stuff in at whatever store has what I like the best, which so far looks like the Ampeg 1002.**
    Scott

You're walking the line of a gray area putting this stuff here, but assuming the admins don't delete this thread, I recommend you sell the stuff on Ebay, you'll get a lot more than you will on trade. You would get less than half the going Ebay rate in a trade with ANY store. The only exception would be if they jack up the price of the gear you're buiying to compensate. You are always way better off selling the old stuff and going in with case.

But if you're anxious to get the new item and this is more about placating your gf, then suck it up and take the loss to get into the new gear. Generally if they would sell an item for $100, they'll give you $20-$30 for it.
    You'd probably get MAX $250 total tradein value for all the items you listed.

I bet that's not the answer you wanted, but it is most likely realistic, unless your favorite cousin owns the music store!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X