No announcement yet.

Amps You Would Like to Try Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. I'll try anything once when it comes to guitar . However I've always wanted to try a Peavey 5150, any Mesa-Boogie, or a Marshall Jimi Hendrix stack. Yeah nothing too exotic

I actually marked one of my "want to try off my list: a Marshall JCM2000 Super Lead at a local store, as it was their main demo amp. And a couple weeks ago I got to play a $1600 Orange stack, which was awesome as well, markign another off.

Comment

Cool, I didn't know anyone else here owned one. I have the Classic Overdrive and the Warhawk. Mine is the 20 watt version.

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
      Fritz, I LOVE my Peters......
      "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Fretburner.. you use your Vetta as a backup to your V3 eh? What kind of setup do you run if you don't mind me asking?
        Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
        The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Dumble,Matchless, Bad Cat,Carr, any Boogie, Deizel.

Comment

There have been a couple of these for sale on tgp a few weeks back.

Ok, just did a search. Here it is. I thought there was another, but it must have sold.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...ghlight=wizard

Originally posted by shredmonster View Post
            Not too many people know about these amps.

I emailed them the other day. They are not making amps right now.
            I would buy one sight unseen having never played one if they start making these again.

All top shelf military components, very touch sensitive with supposedly killer tone.

They say they are going to start production up next year but I guess they have been telling people this for some time (couple years or so).

Why can't they have all this shit in one place.
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I'd like to try an Ubershall, a Matchless Spitfire and a Herbert.

Comment

vetta as backup

Originally posted by Thor Von Clemson View Post
                Fretburner.. you use your Vetta as a backup to your V3 eh? What kind of setup do you run if you don't mind me asking?
                True story here:

I love tubes amps but for my gig I needed versatility with effects and a super clean sound and did not want to haul several amps, cabs, racks etc..that's why I bought another Vetta and it works very well for my gig however I decided I should get a backup amp now that my band was playing alot more.

Once again I was missing /craving tube tone and picked up a mint V3 on eBay and really love it!! It's a monster.

My main rig now is the V3 with a Avatar vintage oversize 2x12 loaded with v30's and a custom made pedal board consisting of switches that switch the channels and solo boost on the amp, MXR VH Flanger, MXR VH Phaser Dunlop Q Wah that run in front and a Marshall EH-1 through the effects loop. (sounds killer)

Now my Vetta is my backup / practice amp. I can say I spent alot of time with the Vetta to get my patches to sound right for me and I still love it but nothing beats this tube sound I have so far! I've still yet to try a Bogner XTC.

My last tube rigs were: Splawn QR dual channel, Mesa Dual Rec, Mesa Triple Rec, 5150, Bogner Uber, which were all good in there own way but don't compare feature and sound wise to this V3. "Don't be fooled by some of the crappy sound clips on the net or be persuaded by others opinions. You can't judge a amp by clips or by what people say about it, you have to plug your guitar in and try it" I took an $800.00 chance and absolutely LOVE IT!

Comment

Definitely an amp I want to try. How does it sound at medium volume?

Originally posted by Fretburner View Post
                  True story here:

I love tubes amps but for my gig I needed versatility with effects and a super clean sound and did not want to haul several amps, cabs, racks etc..that's why I bought another Vetta and it works very well for my gig however I decided I should get a backup amp now that my band was playing alot more.

Once again I was missing /craving tube tone and picked up a mint V3 on eBay and really love it!! It's a monster.

My main rig now is the V3 with a Avatar vintage oversize 2x12 loaded with v30's and a custom made pedal board consisting of switches that switch the channels and solo boost on the amp, MXR VH Flanger, MXR VH Phaser Dunlop Q Wah that run in front and a Marshall EH-1 through the effects loop. (sounds killer)

Now my Vetta is my backup / practice amp. I can say I spent alot of time with the Vetta to get my patches to sound right for me and I still love it but nothing beats this tube sound I have so far! I've still yet to try a Bogner XTC.

My last tube rigs were: Splawn QR dual channel, Mesa Dual Rec, Mesa Triple Rec, 5150, Bogner Uber, which were all good in there own way but don't compare feature and sound wise to this V3. "Don't be fooled by some of the crappy sound clips on the net or be persuaded by others opinions. You can't judge a amp by clips or by what people say about it, you have to plug your guitar in and try it" I took an $800.00 chance and absolutely LOVE IT!

Comment

medium volume

Originally posted by fr0sty View Post
                    Definitely an amp I want to try. How does it sound at medium volume?
                    Awesome! Seriously. The EQ in this amp kicks ass!

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                      Diezel Herbert through My Bogner cab (tried it at a store and sounded like ass, i think it was the cab)
                      I have a Herbert and it sounds incredible through the Bogner Uberkab. I also have the Diezel 412 with all v30s. Before I added poly-fiber batting to the interior (like the Uberkab has) it had a real bright shrill tone to it. Now it sounds great. I am thinking about changing out 2 speakers in an x-pattern (g12t-75s) so it is more like the uberkab. Construction wise they are identical as they are may by the same company.

Comment

I'd like to try a fireball.

Comment

Originally posted by mhenson42 View Post
                          I have a Herbert and it sounds incredible through the Bogner Uberkab. I also have the Diezel 412 with all v30s. Before I added poly-fiber batting to the interior (like the Uberkab has) it had a real bright shrill tone to it. Now it sounds great. I am thinking about changing out 2 speakers in an x-pattern (g12t-75s) so it is more like the uberkab. Construction wise they are identical as they are may by the same company.

Sweet Baby Jesus in a Uberkab..I want that cab!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Amps You Would Like to Try Out

I tired the VH4, it was very unique, but I cant say i got all hyped about it. If you're in SO. CAL they have one set up at Guitar Center IN Cerritos. In fact if you are local and want to BUY IT. Let me know VIA PM. I have a contact there.

Comment

I'd love to try a Dumble, or an original Diaz!
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X