ID this Marshall for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID this Marshall for me

Went into a store today and saw a Marshall JCM 800 head with vertical inputs on the left side. Never saw them that way before. The tag said 4104 on it but there was no one to help me ,just some kid running the place. Anyway it looked beat up so I assumed it was an older unit but what head is it?

The 4104 was a 50w combo..did it look like an hacked combo cab converted to a head?

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy View Post
      The 4104 was a 50w combo..did it look like an hacked combo cab converted to a head?
      Right. The 2204 was the head version?
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yea I thought that number was a combo thats why I was confused. No it just looked a little beat up. The thing I'm questioning besides the model is the inputs on the left.

Comment

Yeah, .. it is basically the 2204. I'd almost bet its a converted combo.. they've likely taken the amp out out of the combo's cab and put it into a headshell. Is it still top mounted like a Valvestate? Or.. is it more like a regular JCM, JMP which is bottom mounted?

Check it out..
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JCM-800...ayphotohosting

Comment

Yea it looks like the pic in the auction. Guess thats what it is. Didn't look too close I'll check back Are these good Marshalls? The tag said 499 thats why I initially looked.

Comment

That's about the going rate for a 800 combo.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Ron I guess I'll pass. Been gassing for a mk IV anyway ,I don't know why I'm looking at Marshalls.

Comment

Working...
                X