No announcement yet.

Cabinet Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Spivonious;807539]So if I had a Marshall 4x12 with Vintage 30s, and a Mesa 4x12 with Vintage 30s, they would sound different? quote]

Absolutely yes!
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

mesa has their vin 30's voiced slightly different than standard vin 30's. so yes, not only does the cabinet dimentions and materials make a difference, the speakers are slightly different aswell.
      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Niccolai View Post
        but I mean, considering they are built out of the same wood also, the extra five lbs of wood can't mean the difference between the cab sounding good or bad.

I got 5 lbs of wood..it's awesome!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Aye, aye... nobody want's to hear about what you've shoved up your ass this month, horns .

Comment

I have played alot, and to me i prefer the traditional size cabs, the oversized are great if you are doing the wall of sound thing, but like said great by yourself, but gets lost int he mix if you are not doing that wall of sound.

Out of tradiontials, my bogner uber cab has slayed anything i have ever had, including a mesa traditional.

And yes cabs witht he same speakers will sound different, mesa, bogner, marshall all have there V30's voiced slightly different. Not to mention build quality as well as ohm rating can effect the tone of a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by DSS3 View Post
              Aye, aye... nobody want's to hear about what you've shoved up your ass this month, horns .

Oh yeah...lete's take a poll...

Who's wood do you wanna see.. mine or DSS3's miniscule , microworm..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Honestly, as a straight man, I would rather look at another man naked that is so small that i cant see it, sorry not into dick gazing, hey, but what you two do in your own time is between you two!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                Oh yeah...lete's take a poll...

Who's wood do you wanna see.. mine or DSS3's miniscule , microworm..

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                  Honestly, as a straight man, I would rather look at another man naked that is so small that i cant see it, sorry not into dick gazing, hey, but what you two do in your own time is between you two!

Thank you Siggy for your input..or umm..output..I am too also straight..but this is what my wife tells me...

I must get a Uberkab..to go with my Uberschlong..

This thread is not to aggravate you Siggs..

just DSS3!!!!

Don't mind me, I been up for 48 hours and I am giddy!

Go back to measuring your wood guys..

Hey Siggy they started all this comparing wood stuff..not me!!

Comment

Everyone needs a ubercab

You giddy like a school girl?

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    Thank you Siggy for your input..or umm..output..I am too also straight..but this is what my wife tells me...

I must get a Uberkab..to go with my Uberschlong..

This thread is not to aggravate you Siggs..

just DSS3!!!!

Don't mind me, I been up for 48 hours and I am giddy!

Go back to measuring your wood guys..

Hey Siggy they started all this comparing wood stuff..not me!!

Comment

Just look at WTF I do to "serious" threads..

It's like I got a magic wand or somethin'..:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                        Everyone needs a ubercab

You giddy like a school girl?

You are 1000% right man!!

Yes, I do need one..hopefully my friend will come through with one for me..with his .."look at me, I play with Ripper Owens" endorsement deal..that son of a B sting!!

Hey good for him..that fucker!

Comment

the Uberkab has 2 vin 30's and 2 GT-75's.
                          and i'm sure it sounds great.
                          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                            the Uberkab has 2 vin 30's and 2 GT-75's.
                            and i'm sure it sounds great.
                            I was never a fan of Vintage 30s..but I think you may be correct sir!!!

The only time I thought they sounded decent is in the tall Recto cab..

Comment

I have an interesting Uberkab...

G12H30's on the top with an oval port in the back with VIN30's on the bottom sealed. Pretty cool cab!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Of course the air that gets packaged in the enclosure when it's built has a lot to do with it.

Personally, I bought some Traditional Style 1968 Vintage NOS Air off a guy on ebay... It was quite good. He has an awful lot of it too...

Comment

Working...
                                X