I'm Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Crazy

Well I walked out today without buying a peavey 5150 combo for $350 dollars. I will probaly be going back for it, what do you guys think.

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
    Well I walked out today without buying a peavey 5150 combo for $350 dollars. I will probaly be going back for it, what do you guys think.

Thats a good price for a 5150 combo. Keep in mind the one downside to the 5150 combo...

WEIGHT!!!!

Comment

Very good price for a 5150. Can't go wrong with Peavey 8). Better hurry back there though. At that price it probably wont be there for long :P

Comment

i have owned one before, and this would not be a gigging amp, just a fun amp. By the way that price is for me, not advertized at all. I have my special ways.

Comment

I'm personally not a fan of the 5150 combos..

but that's just me..oh, and Cleveland John too...
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Don't get me wrong..I really love 5150s..I went through enough of them ..as well as John..we just don't care for the combos..we tried them and always made that..."me no likey" face..

we make that face a lot!

We're assholes!!

Good night Siggy..it's a good price reguardless..it not like you'll get stuck with it..if anything if you get it and get tired of it..you'll prolly make a buck..

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

i actually like the combo's, i thinkt hey are tighter in the bottem end and have good enough bottem end considering i can never jam it loud enough anyway on stage.

But i can also plug it into a extrenal if need be, which is also cool.

Comment

Originally posted by siggy14 View Post
                i actually like the combo's, i thinkt hey are tighter in the bottem end and have good enough bottem end considering i can never jam it loud enough anyway on stage.

But i can also plug it into a extrenal if need be, which is also cool.
                I never tried one through a extension cab..

I do know those fuggers are HEAVY SOBs ..wow!!

That is a good choice for a home amp..you'll get a hernia lifting that thing..

Man, 5150's are bullet proof..just ask John about the time when he launched one about 60 feet out of his Mustang..BOOOOOOM...ROLL...SPLAT!!

He went home, plugged in the battered amp and it played like a charm!!

Well good luck,

Bill

Comment

Yeah, like we haven't heard that story
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

$350 is a great price. I saw one at the baton Rouge GC for $500 and I almost jumped on it. For $350 I would already be posting pics of it!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Yeah, like we haven't heard that story
                      well, I know we've mentioned it before..but John has full details on the actual pshysical damage to the amp and pics of the car..

did ya see the pics??

Comment

?
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

....No, but that's close..

yeah those cops are tending to some of the parts of the 5150 ...EMS is en route!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

?

Damn, that is not far off...

Yeah, pretty smashed.

Comment

Dude..wow..I'm never not amzed when looking at that..

Holy sheeeet...

Comment

Working...
                              X