X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew it was a 5.0 liter from the 80s

and I figured it was red

Damn I'm good!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
      I knew it was a 5.0 liter from the 80s

and I figured it was red

Damn I'm good!
      Yes, you are..now report to my thread..and post something silly..we need more silly over there..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Holy Shit in a bathtub..look at that thing..

his Jackson geetar case was crushed and not a scratch on the guitar..His 5150 ganged rape by 60 feet hot asphalt and worked fine..and all John got was a cut on the noggin' I don't even think it left a scar..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If I recall, John had 2 5150 heads in the car; he said one had a bent transformer and hummed a little after the wreck. He said the other was just fine. That right, John?
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Damn, rich, exactly... Yer good. yeah the transformers were bent over quit nicely. Worked great. The other had ahum that was a bad grund connection...

I personallyhad a very SOLID ground connection after getting tossed out and flying along 40-60 ft with the amp. Lucky it didn't hit me... Ugh...
            Yeah, got a scar from that.. Not too noticable. trashed a hip and shoulder and broke a finger. Good deal. Should have been dead it seems to me.

Comment

I seen "dead" in far less accidents..yeah man your lucky..you walked out of that one pretty good I'd say..amazingly so..

we played together that night..

Comment

I'm not sure what's crazier, John surving that accident or Siggy not grabbing a 5150 combo for $350. Get on it, Siggy!
                Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

My brains says yes, my back says no, it is a constant battle between good and evil!

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                  I'm not sure what's crazier, John surving that accident or Siggy not grabbing a 5150 combo for $350. Get on it, Siggy!

Comment

That's a great deal Sig.....go grab it!
                    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                    RIP Dime

Comment

that's a great deal!
                      I run my 5150 combo thru a marshall 4X12 cab(greenbacks) and it sounds great.
                      by itself it sounds "ok" but with an extension cab these things sound killer.
                      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I can't imagine using my greenbacks with the 5150 Chug. I tried it and it about threw a hoof, or a cone!

My greenbacks can't even take the sound I use with my vht2150, and it isnt quite close to the chug I got on the 5150.

As i always say, the 5150s sound strangely great with the 5150 cabs... You can use more gain, and more resonance without the cab flubbing... Not sure why.

Comment

Fuckin A. Now thats what I call a compact. lol. I have seen the pic before and heard the story but never looked at how close the drivers seat was almost crushed. You must have sold yor soul John. Heh heh heh....

Edit. Oh yeah. And now back to the thread.

That is a damn good deal on a 5150 Combo.

I like the sound of the heads better myself but if I had to buy a combo tube amp and had $350 to spend this would be the one.

Go get it!
                          Last edited by Firebird V; 11-01-2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                            Fuckin A. Now thats what I call a compact. lol. I have seen the pic before and heard the story but never looked at how close the drivers seat was almost crushed. You must have sold yor soul John. Heh heh heh....

Edit. Oh yeah. And now back to the thread.

That is a damn good deal on a 5150 Combo.

I like the sound of the heads better myself but if I had to buy a combo tube amp and had $350 to spend this would be the one.

Go get it!

DUDE..I'm loving my 7 string man..John played it yesterday..with the the Uber..NICE!!

oops..time to eat..Val made my fave tonight..YES!!

Bye!!

Comment

OK so i purchased it, 368 dollars after tax. I might just add it with the 5150 cab i have and sell the set on craigs list.

Comment

Working...
                              X