Mesa Stilletto Trident w/ Hollywood Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Stilletto Trident w/ Hollywood Mod

I have a chance at one of these with the Hollywood mod in very good condition. Supposively gives channel 2 -20/30% more gain? Are they worth it? Are they high gain, as in Master Of Puppets tyoe stuff? Jack.

Its a great mod but it doesn't give 20%-30% more gain. It makes the Fluid Drive channel (Channel 3) sound more agressive and tight with around 10% more gain. Sort of a cross between a rectifier and a high gain Marshall.
    A Mark IIc+, Mark III or Mark IV would be better suited for MOP.
    My Stiletto with the Hollywood mod KILLED. Unfortunately for all my tube amps... the Vetta rules the roost.

Comment

OK, I see. I am not sure if it is the Version 1 or 2 yet. I know he said it has 2 channels. What tones does it give, if not MOP? Maybe with a MT-2 pedal it can? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
        OK, I see. I am not sure if it is the Version 1 or 2 yet. I know he said it has 2 channels. What tones does it give, if not MOP? Maybe with a MT-2 pedal it can? Thanks-Jack.
        It has to be a Version 1.

It sounds like a high gain modded Marshall JCM800 but with an excellent clean channel and a ton of bottom end. It absolutely will not need a pedal for any type of metal. I tried a bunch of pedals with mine for the hell of it and it sounded like canned ass with any of them.
        The Trident is an extremely powerful amp. Its 150w with 6 power tubes.
        Sounds a little like a Bogner Ubershall to me.

Comment

Cool man!! I see the Version 2 has tons of updates to it. Is the V2 all that much better? The guy wants $950 shipped for this one. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
            Cool man!! I see the Version 2 has tons of updates to it. Is the V2 all that much better? The guy wants $950 shipped for this one. Jack.

The version 1 Deuce and Trident with the Hollywood mod are regarded as the best ones.
            $950.00 is a good price.

Comment

Thanks John Jack.

Comment

i've used the boss SD-1 in front of my stiletto Duece ver 1 with excellent results. i prefferred it in tight gain mode over fluid drive with a boost pedal.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think the idea jgcable was trying to convey was that the earlier Mark series Mesa amps are voiced differently and would better achieve the MOP tone. It isn't a matter of the Stiletto not having enough gain and needing an MT-2; the Mark series amps just don't have that modern voice to them, but they still kick major ass.

Cheers,
                  Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X