TC Electronics G-System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Electronics G-System

I recently got one of these from a JCF member (thanks Jack!). I was playing with it before practice last night and after a few minutes I ripped apart my pedal board and made the switch

I only got a couple patches programmed in before band practice last night but it worked very well. I'm running it using the 4-cable method so that my RM100's preamp is running in the insert loop on the G-System. I ran a TS808 in one of the loops and ran my Wah in front of everything.

It seemed to work very well. I really like this setup - it has the simplicity of a pedalboard setup with the flexibility of a small rack rig. I will be adding a couple more gain type pedals to the other loops and maybe the Phase 90 (unless I can get the G-System phaser to sound as good).
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Yeah, I really like mine and now that it has the 2.0 software it also has a harmonizer which is good cause alot of my stuff has 2 and 3 part harmonies in it and now I can play em by myself. It's nice to have 1 thing that can actually pretty much do it all.
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I've been interested in those since they first came out, but $1,500.....dang!

Comment

They do diatonic harmony now!?!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          I've been interested in those since they first came out, but $1,500.....dang!
          well, i got a much better deal on mine. but here's how I look at it. I get to yank a bunch of stuff off my pedal board and increase the capability. keep in mind that this thing has 4 loops for pedals plus an insert loop for your amp's preamp. it also has AC power for pedals. here's what came off my board last night:

- MXR Chorus
          - Boss DD20 delay
          - custom loop based booster
          - Boss VF-1 (for reverb)
          - 3 Boss footswitches
          - Boss Tremolo/Panner
          - Boss double pedal Rotary sim
          - 4 loop custom looper pedal
          - Pedal Power
          - MXR Phase 90 (although I may put that back on)

I will probably pull off my tuner pedal as well since the G-System has one built in.

So altogether that's like $800/$1200 (used/new) worth of stuff that was replaced with the G-System and it adds substantial capability.

Of course, next week I could come to hate it and switch back

- Newc

Comment

try $2000 over here . unfortunately, i didn't get on with the g-system, primarily because of the way in which you have to navigate thru the menu using it's control surface/pedal board. but if you get on with it, then congrats.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
              They do diatonic harmony now!?!
              yes. you pick the key and scale. check out page 68:

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                yes. you pick the key and scale. check out page 68:

http://www.tcelectronic.com/media/G-System_US.pdf
                Yeah, the software update came out within the last month. VERY easy to upgrade just make sure you don't turn it off before it's completely done with the upgrade. Apparently that's causing some people to have to return their units.
                Last edited by blindmuddy; 11-04-2006, 09:58 PM.
                http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I played around with the harmony stuff last night. It works decent. It is not the quality of my Eventide but it is substantially better than the Boss pedals. There are a lot of scale variants to choose from which is very nice.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                  X