VHT Deliverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Deliverance

what's everybody's opinion on this amp. I don't know what to get between this amp, a Blackmore or a Mark IV.

Supposed to be a high gainer one channel in response to the Soldano Avenger. A lot of people swear they are it, however I've seen tons of them (60 & 120W versions) for sale rather quickly after release.
    Makes you wonder don't it?
    Last edited by Joe_Steeler; 11-05-2006, 01:38 PM.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I have the 60 watt version and LOVE it; I think the reason you see quite a few for sale is that the VHT voicing is _very_ unique - it's sort of focused in on particular frequencies (the deliverance in particular has a high-mid emphasis that I like, but if you don't like it, it's very hard to dial out). It's also very non-saturated, and tight. ALOT of people aren't used to that sort of thing (especially for metal, where lots of people miss the saturation) (though it should be noted that the deliverance takes really well to pedals and saturates up really quick with a boost in front)

Comment

MY guess would be the absense of the effects loop, this makes it really difficult to live with for many. I would have liked the Deliverence over Mark IV, I own both the Mark IV and a VHT 50CL, and the Mark IV just sits unused. But again, the absense of the loop kills deliverence for me (who would need the Deliverence when something like 50CL or CLX is out there).

Can't comment on the Blackmore model..... Engl?

Alex

Comment

I dont think he will take the 5150 cuz he would be gettin ripped big time.

The deliverance is NOT a gain monster.

I had to put a moollon od in front of it and I got tired of that quick.

Sold it and got an ENGL powerball, Much better suited and better sounding IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Death metal soloist View Post
            I dont think he will take the 5150 cuz he would be gettin ripped big time.

The deliverance is NOT a gain monster.

I had to put a moollon od in front of it and I got tired of that quick.

Sold it and got an ENGL powerball, Much better suited and better sounding IMO

The PB kicks major arse.
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Oh yes it does, oh yes.

Comment

I'm thinking maybe a Splawn would be a better fit

Comment

If you want hod rodded Marshal tones... the Splawn is your bag. The Blackmore and the Mark IV are hot sounding. Depends what you're looking for. I'd get a Savage 120 myself.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I only hear bad stuff about how ENGLs are built. Any idea if the savage is the same ?

Comment

ENGL's are some of the best amps built.

Dunno where you are hearing bad things but they are WRONG.

The savage is a bit more versitile than the powerball (best for metal) with a bit better cleans and more available tones but if you want to go all out just get an SE.

Comment

Yeah, somebody fairly in the know here on the forum awhile back was talking about how ENGLs are put together in a way that makes them extremely difficult (and costly) to work on.

Comment

Well, I havent tried to take mine apart and ive never heard of anyone having to.

I dont know of anyone that has had an ENLGL fail on them.

Comment

BTW, the Deliverance is a great sounding amp. I just personally wouldn't get one over their 2 or 3 channel amps (I have an Ultra-Lead). Haven't had any problems with either of my ENGL's either.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

if I'm not mistaking, you had an ENGL SE pre and VHT power, I'd like to know how that sounded ? and if you could compare this to a Savage

Comment

Working...
                              X