So, a funny smell happened...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, a funny smell happened...

And because of it, I am going to need to get a good cab. Right now, I am really into soloing as much as I am into chugging along. My current rig is a Vetta 2 HD and at home, I use two GenzBenz Gflex 2x12's, which I really like in my home. I am thinking about getting something that I can store at my practice area that has a range towards the bottom end inorder to avoid the mythical fart sound. Most all the stuff that we play is metal, muted sequence chugga chugga type stuff. Can anyone give me some advise on what is out there and what I should be looking at rather then what the salespeople want to sell me? I don't have a problem going down and hooking my stuff up but, I just don't want to waste a lot of time on this.

Slant or straight cabs are fine.
    Wishlist and Economy suggestions would be killer =)

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

I'd recommend Avatar cabs. www.avatarspeakers.com Great site, great deals, plenty of knowledgeable sales persons, and your choice of a great variety of speakers. By all means give Dave a call or email him, he's very helpful.

Cheers,
    Nick

Comment

Mesa recto cab or Bogner uber cab. They are not the cheapest, but sound great. Buy used to save a few bucks. If you are interested I can give you a lead on a used uber cab in mint shape.

Comment

Try the wave cabinet. I have one and it will definetly chug chug.
        If ya do tell em I sent ya ..

Comment

Randall makes great cabs. I've got a RS125CX and really dig it, got it pretty cheap off ebay. It's a 1x15/2x12 and it handles the low end great without getting farty, and the Eminence Legend speakers are sweet.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yep, Recto cabs will do it.
            5150 cabs will too.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Randall makes great cabs. I've got a RS125CX and really dig it, got it pretty cheap off ebay. It's a 1x15/2x12 and it handles the low end great without getting farty, and the Eminence Legend speakers are sweet.

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/pro...s/g2/index.asp
              I´ve been looking at that one myself... I´m kinda intrigued by the layout, even though I´m not a heavy riffer. Does anyone know if these ever came with Celestion Seventy-80s, by the way? I´ve seen them listed with those, but the Randall site clearly states it´s all Eminence.

Comment

There's another model, the RS125XL with two Celestion 12" V30s in it with the Eminence 15". I think it's a little more expensive. I don't know if they ever came with Seventy-80s, though.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X