Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been playing a Bogner and I'm starting to like it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been playing a Bogner and I'm starting to like it.

Over at Russo's music they carry Bogner amps. I own a Krank Rev 1 2 x 12 combo and love it to death. I have been looking for a hardtail or just another Jackson to setup in Drop D so I don't have to setup my SL3 eveytime I want to drop D. Well I decided to use this Bogner for my last 2 visits and it got me thinking. It's a 1/2 stack I didn't get the exact model of the head of cabnet but it has 2 channels and it lights up the top of each channel on the amp when using that channel. It comes with the foot switch and it works like any other one.

The clean channel is dark like my Krank. It seems to clean up well with no break up with you push it. I enjoy it and think it's something that I could live with being a Fender Clean twin guy. the Drive channel is very different then how my Krank sounds. My Krank has a very Engl type drive tone. Very new metal very strong. The Bogner has a very nice drive but not as mean. It's not like 70's or AC DC or anything like that but it sounds like a hot rodded Marshall Super lead with the drive powered up. Better drive then the Marshalls I have played with.

Bogner amps got my respect when I wasn't looking for it. I wouldn't mind owning one for a different tone.

For me there's no "starting to like a Bogner"....once I plugged into the Uber or 101b it was immediate tone heaven! You can't go wrong with any Bogner...they're amazing amps....and priced as such LOL.

- Joel
    RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
    RIP Dime

Comment

Yeah, for the price, you BETTER like em!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Sounds like a Shiva. That's a pretty low gain head. You might like the XTC 101B or Classic or the Uber even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz666 View Post
          For me there's no "starting to like a Bogner"....once I plugged into the Uber or 101b it was immediate tone heaven! You can't go wrong with any Bogner...they're amazing amps....and priced as such LOL.

- Joel

Exactly what I thought when I read the thread title.

Its like, if you got asked out by Kiera Knightly and you were like "Yeah, she's pretty cool, but she's maybe an inch too short, so I dunno, maybe it will work out ok..."

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
            I have been looking for a hardtail or just another Jackson to setup in Drop D so I don't have to setup my SL3 eveytime I want to drop D.
            Have you considered a Tremol-No?

Comment

Originally posted by nonamemx View Post
              Exactly what I thought when I read the thread title.

Its like, if you got asked out by Kiera Knightly and you were like "Yeah, she's pretty cool, but she's maybe an inch too short, so I dunno, maybe it will work out ok..."
              For me it's Jessica Alba
              RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
              RIP Dime

Comment

I am surprised you like the Bogner. Most people hate them.

Comment

I just talked with a former Bogner dealer/user and he said they sound awesome but are fragile. He was always doing warranty work on the ones he sold.He sells to top session and touring players. He's a Rivera guy now. I guess either ya love em or hate em.

I always talk with the amp techs to find out what is reliable and whats always being fixed. I was told that the new mesas have so many pages of fixes and upgrades its not worth buying one. Tone is subjective anyways. Will it hold up is the question for me.

Comment

Which new mesa's are you talking about? yes i have heard the new roadster and roadking have some issues. But are you talking about the new dual and triples as well?

Originally posted by yard dawg View Post
                    I just talked with a former Bogner dealer/user and he said they sound awesome but are fragile. He was always doing warranty work on the ones he sold.He sells to top session and touring players. He's a Rivera guy now. I guess either ya love em or hate em.

I always talk with the amp techs to find out what is reliable and whats always being fixed. I was told that the new mesas have so many pages of fixes and upgrades its not worth buying one. Tone is subjective anyways. Will it hold up is the question for me.

Comment

I'm uh... (cough)... working on acquiring a used 101B deciding on what guitars to sell in order to fund the purchase. I will be DONE with amps after I own it (hopefully guitars too)!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                        Have you considered a Tremol-No?
                        Yes, I have a Trem Stopper by Floyd Rose now. I like it. I actually considered getting another Trem guitar and adding the Trem with the knob on it that allows you to release on the fly.
                        The Hard tails are not as comfortable for me. I perfer Palm muting with a Floyd Rose. It seems like the Bridge position pickup gets in the way of some of the things I do. But I bet it's just that I'm not use to it.

The Bogner was nice. Again I wasn't shopping for amps just took notice to it after playing it. I was looking for feel on the necks and how the guitar overall felt. They had Fenders there as well to try out some clean but I was digging the Bogner enough to not want to bother. I'm gonna look more into them and see where it takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by mantis View Post
                          Yes, I have a Trem Stopper by Floyd Rose now. I like it. I actually considered getting another Trem guitar and adding the Trem with the knob on it that allows you to release on the fly.
                          The Tremol-No is a specific device that requires no permanent modifications and allows you to go from full floating, to dive, to hardtail within seconds. In case you haven't checked it out, here's a link to the website. Check out the video to see how cool it is:

Comment

Yes , I know!!

I got the heaviest tone I have ever heard..EVER!!

Took me 30 years to get it..but I got it!!

Rev. B Uberschall ..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

me too! Rev B Uber. Bogners not reliable? First time I have ever heard that,...

Comment

Working...
                              X